Was told by another Senior TRader today this - page 2

Mrluck07:

I think that stoploss hunting is a myth, because the price chart is almost the same for all brokers, so if they hunt your stop, they need to move all the markets in this direction, billions of worth, that makes no sense, what makes more sense to me is that a person have a bad system and blame the broker for his own failure

I think price chart being "almost" the same for all brokers is a myth. As indicated a broker confirmed that losses of clients money is how they survive, that SL are price points that you create, then why not go to that level. Price charts will differ because brokers have different spreads, right (well point 1). In fact I can categorically state here having seen wiith my own eyes, even on Metatrader4 and 5 that the prices per brokerages are different not the same, and also that spreads during the day can vary  as well. i only reccommended trading without a stop loss and that since I stopped trading without stop losses, my losses have been trimmed , that being said some my losses have increased to say 6-7%. In terms of blame and failure I guess time will tell. All the best Mrluck07, use what you feel comfortable with, I'm no guru and you might be a multi millionaire.

That been said, last night I set a stop loss after a currency moved that if it retraced I would not lose the trade or any capital.

Basic Principles - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5
Basic Principles - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
is an instruction given to a broker to buy or sell a financial instrument. There are two main types of orders: Market and Pending. In addition, there are special Take Profit and Stop Loss levels. is the commercial exchange (buying or selling) of a financial security. Buying is executed at the demand price (Ask), and Sell is performed at the...

Mrluck07:

I think that stoploss hunting is a myth, because the price chart is almost the same for all brokers, so if they hunt your stop, they need to move all the markets in this direction, billions of worth, that makes no sense, what makes more sense to me is that a person have a bad system and blame the broker for his own fawe;

well said mrluck07 ;)