I need to make active ... one of the existing chart window

I need to make active ... one of the existing chart window ... I notice there is ChartOpen function....

But what does it?  It opens a new chart window with the specified symbol name... Well... I dont need it.. I need simply to go to one of the existing chart windows and make it active... rather than opening a new one... Why should not it be possible... How to navigate the cursor from the current chart to the specified chart window... programmatically? 

It is so simple, ... I cant imagine ... how come it is so difficult to find it in MQL5 help...

I cant find it... can anybody hint me?

Thanks a lot in advance...

I would be thankful...

Regards

Bahman

Bahman Askerov:

I need to make active ... one of the existing chart window ... I notice there is ChartOpen function....

But what does it?  It opens a new chart window with the specified symbol name... Well... I dont need it.. I need simply to go to one of the existing chart windows and make it active... rather than opening a new one... Why should not it be possible... How to navigate the cursor from the current chart to the specified chart window... programmatically? 

It is so simple, ... I cant imagine ... how come it is so difficult to find it in MQL5 help...

I cant find it... can anybody hint me?

Thanks a lot in advance...

I would be thankful...

Regards

Bahman

What do you mean, navigate the "cursor" ? Your mouse? if you want to do that, I'd advice coding in AHK (autohotkey) instead to find the window, reposition your mouse to x,y below the window.

If you mean the cursor as in the little box to put in your date/time/etc I think there's a dll to be loaded and to perform keypresses on a remote window given a chartID. as for that, probably a more experienced MQL coder can help out. perhaps you could explain your flowchart of action so we can understand. Good luck!

Check ChartSetInteger() function with CHART_BRING_TO_TOP parameter.

ChartSetInteger - Chart Operations - MQL4 Reference
  • docs.mql4.com

Thanks Drazen, this is very helpful, I will use them as indicated.

Best regards

Bahman