Libraries: EasyAndFastGUI library for creating graphical interfaces - page 12

Hi, I am using the EAF and it's a really nice library. I really enjoyed it. 

However I notice that the GUI usea  lot of memory. For instance a simple GUI with just 3 tabs and 6 buttons in total, uses around 500 MB of RAM.  

Do you know if this is normal? did you notice any object type that impact memory usage a lot?

Samuel Bandi Roccatello #:

Hi, I am using the EAF and it's a really nice library. I really enjoyed it. 

However I notice that the GUI usea  lot of memory. For instance a simple GUI with just 3 tabs and 6 buttons in total, uses around 500 MB of RAM.  

Do you know if this is normal? did you notice any object type that impact memory usage a lot?

@Samuel Bandi Roccatello

Hi!

I will be dealing with this issue soon. Most likely, I need to revise the approach in the Resources.mqh file.

Anatoli Kazharski #:

@Samuel Bandi Roccatello

Hi!

I will be dealing with this issue soon. Most likely, I need to revise the approach in the Resources.mqh file.

Hi Anatoli,

is there a way to Remove the GUI without closing the expert advisor? I would like to create a GUI with your libraries, and then remove it with a button in order to save memory, however I don't want my EA to be removed. I just want the GUI to be closed and all graphical objects removed.

I looked into this method CCoreEvents::Destroy(void) , apparently memory is released only when this line: ::ArrayFree(m_windows) is executed.

However this line also removes the EA. 

Let me know if you have any hints on how to approach this.

sbtrader82 #:

Hi Anatoli,

is there a way to Remove the GUI without closing the expert advisor? I would like to create a GUI with your libraries, and then remove it with a button in order to save memory, however I don't want my EA to be removed. I just want the GUI to be closed and all graphical objects removed.

I looked into this method CCoreEvents::Destroy(void) , apparently memory is released only when this line: ::ArrayFree(m_windows) is executed.

Hi!

I haven't experimented with this yet, so I can't give a hint.

sbtrader82 #:

Hi Anatoli,

You can used an input like this:

input bool UseToolGUI               = false; //Show/Hide TradePanel

Then, Init or Deinit all objects related to GUI when the input changed.

Cuong Le Van #:

You can used an input like this:

Then, Init or Deinit all objects related to GUI when the input changed.

I tried something like this but doesn't seem to work. The memory is not released because the CApp object has a  global scope so right now I cannot release memory by clicking on a button, memory is released only once the EA is removed and reinitiated.

I would like to have button withing the GUI that removes the gui and release the memory. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

do you have  also  for MT4  ?

faustf #:
do you have  also  for MT4  ?

Yes. For MT4, too.

Anatoli Kazharski #:

Yes. For MT4, too.

but is free??  do you have some link ?? thanks

Hi Anatoly

Using EAF from market, is there a way to start the window with dark theme instead of light?