EA turned into Indicator

I have a EA that was working fine, and suddenly turned into an indicator with I think the last release, plus I made code logic changes only.

I have no indicator code up in the initialization and it is in the Experts folder, but says Indicator and will not run as an EA.

I have one function that draws some text and labels on the screen. The previous version of my code works fine with this.  I do include

#include <ChartObjects\ChartObjectsTxtControls.mqh>

Is this why or could someone give me reasons why this would happen.

If this could be the problem then is there a solution so I don't have to have a separate indicator to draw a couple items.

Thanks

Mac 

mac8008:

I have a EA that was working fine, and suddenly turned into an indicator with I think the last release, plus I made code logic changes only.

I have no indicator code up in the initialization and it is in the Experts folder, but says Indicator and will not run as an EA.

I have one function that draws some text and labels on the screen. The previous version of my code works fine with this.  I do include

#include <ChartObjects\ChartObjectsTxtControls.mqh>

Is this why or could someone give me reasons why this would happen.

If this could be the problem then is there a solution so I don't have to have a separate indicator to draw a couple items.

Thanks

Mac 

Without the code it's difficult to help you.

Thank you but I guess what I'm looking for is  what it looks at to make it an indicator vs an EA. What can I look for. Language constructs wise.

cI ran into the issue  when I used #property indicator_type1   DRAW_NONE etc......what else could have happened.

Its too large to upload, plus proprietary, and it was working before an upgrade around September October last year. I swear that was when it happened. 

I have a version back that works from 2 years ago, but I added so much logic I can't  go back. Its just variables, enumerations, if then elses some functions which calculate etc......

mac8008:

Thank you but I guess what I'm looking for is  what it looks at to make it an indicator vs an EA. What can I look for. Language constructs wise.

cI ran into the issue  when I used #property indicator_type1   DRAW_NONE etc......what else could have happened.

Its too large to upload, plus proprietary, and it was working before an upgrade around September October last year. I swear that was when it happened. 

I have a version back that works from 2 years ago, but I added so much logic I can't  go back. Its just variables, enumerations, if then elses some functions which calculate etc......

Well, it's very unclear to me what exactly you want. Furthermore, if you don't provide any additional information, for instance, parts of code, as Alain stated, it will be very difficult to help you somehow.

Just for anyone else, who runs into this. I had one part that did a SetIndexBuffer but no #property indicator stuff.  

I thought this was so I could write an indicator that would read that data from the EA. Did not know it would turn into an indicator and since I left it for 6 months, and came back. It was a little mind boggling. perhaps that worked previously..

thanks for the suggestions.