MetaTrader 5 position handling question

Hello community,

i just wonder about MetaTrader 5 is handling positions like MetaTrader 4.

Example:

Buy EURUSD 1 lot

SELL EURUSD 1 lot

In the end you have 2 different positions, one long, one short.

I remember in previous versions you had a net position, so flat, no position.

Question: Is this an option and if yes, can i set it somewhere in MetaTrader or 

are these account settings and i have to talk with my broker ?

Thank you

Depends on the account type 

Marco vd Heijden:
Depends on the account type 

Thank you.

Can i somehow query account type with .mql5 ?

chinaski:

Thank you.

Can i somehow query account type with .mql5 ?

MetaTrader 5 features hedging position accounting system 

MetaTrader 5 Help - Open an Account

MetaTrader 5 Android OS Help - Opening a Demo Account 

MetaTrader 5 iPhone/iPad HelpConnecting to an Account and Opening a Demo Account 

-----------------

Simplified way to request a real account in MetaTrader 5 Android

Open an Account - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5
Open an Account - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
Two types of accounts are available in the trading platform: demonstration (demo) and real. Demo accounts provide the opportunity to work in a training mode without real money, allowing to test a trading strategy. They feature all the same functionality as the live ones. The difference is that demo accounts can be opened without any investment...

Thank you for replies guys,

my summary: You can't query this by mql. The account information has no such Integer or String information.

Please correct me, if i am wrong.

Same page scroll down to 

ENUM_ACCOUNT_MARGIN_MODE

Identifier

Description

ACCOUNT_MARGIN_MODE_RETAIL_NETTING

Used for the OTC markets to interpret positions in the "netting" mode (only one position can exist for one symbol). The margin is calculated based on the symbol type (SYMBOL_TRADE_CALC_MODE).

ACCOUNT_MARGIN_MODE_EXCHANGE

Used for the exchange markets. Margin is calculated based on the discounts specified in symbol settings. Discounts are set by the broker, but not less than the values set by the exchange.

ACCOUNT_MARGIN_MODE_RETAIL_HEDGING

Used for the exchange markets where individual positions are possible (hedging, multiple positions can exist for one symbol). The margin is calculated based on the symbol type (SYMBOL_TRADE_CALC_MODE) taking into account the hedged margin (SYMBOL_MARGIN_HEDGED).

Marco vd Heijden:

Same page scroll down to 

ENUM_ACCOUNT_MARGIN_MODE

Identifier

Description

ACCOUNT_MARGIN_MODE_RETAIL_NETTING

Used for the OTC markets to interpret positions in the "netting" mode (only one position can exist for one symbol). The margin is calculated based on the symbol type (SYMBOL_TRADE_CALC_MODE).

ACCOUNT_MARGIN_MODE_EXCHANGE

Used for the exchange markets. Margin is calculated based on the discounts specified in symbol settings. Discounts are set by the broker, but not less than the values set by the exchange.

ACCOUNT_MARGIN_MODE_RETAIL_HEDGING

Used for the exchange markets where individual positions are possible (hedging, multiple positions can exist for one symbol). The margin is calculated based on the symbol type (SYMBOL_TRADE_CALC_MODE) taking into account the hedged margin (SYMBOL_MARGIN_HEDGED).

Sorry, have to revise meyself, it is possible. Thank you!