MT5 - Tester - Is there a way to append optimization results generated through command line?

I'm running the tester from the command line using:

terminal64.exe /config:tester.ini

This all works well and good.

When optimizing, it creates a single .xml spreadsheet of results.

What I would like is to have the results of multiple runs go into the same .xml spreadsheet.

As per the documentation, "ReplaceReport" has options of 0—disable and 1—enable.

I do not want 1—enable because I do not wish to overwrite.

0—disable creates multiple .xml files, which is closer to what I want, but not quite.

If only there was another option to append . . . .

Anyway, I think perhaps dumping optimization results to a .csv file through code in the OnTester() event may be my only option, but I thought I would see if anyone else has handled this differently.

There are functions liek OnTester() and OnTestertDeinit() (didn't know about the last one so far) which can you use to write the relevant values of the test run into (append at the end) the same file using the MT's file functions.

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/18801
  • votes: 23
  • fxsaber
  • www.mql5.com
This library is a revised version of an excellent script released in 2006, adjusted with modern MQL possibilities in mind. Some features have been removed, and new features have been added. In both platforms (MetaTrader 4/5), you can run the following script to save a report (in the form of MetaTrader 4): and see a generated HTML report in the...