backtester freezing

I'm having multiple issues using my back tester.

As I try to solve these problems, another one pops up.

My EA runs on daily bars, EXCEPT stop losses and a trailing stop.

One of the errors which occurred about 9,000 times on a back test was:    TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit 63362 at 2017.10.27 00:00 exceeded)

After looking through forums it appeared that the solution for this specific error was to go to the History section and download 1 minute data.

However when I do that, the back tester seems to freeze very early (the green bar stops at about 1/10 of the distance to completion).

Any suggestions on what to do?   Please keep in mind that I'm a newbie at this, and so if you refer to some tool or script I need to include, it would help if you walked me through it.   (I know that there's a period converter script which has something to do with this, but I'm lost on how to configure it to work with 1 min bars and daily bars.

I'll appreciate your help on this.

1. Why did you post your MT4 question in the Root / MT5 EA section instead of the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page?)
              General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum
    Next time post in the correct place. The moderators will likely move this thread there soon.

2. "download 1 minute data" and run the period converter to create the other timeframes.

3. Does it freeze? It will freeze if you do not return from OnTick/start; add print statements at start and end of routines, run it in visual mode and track it down your infinite loop.
  4. Does it end? Look in the log file and find out why.

whroeder1:
  1. Why did you post your MT4 question in the Root / MT5 EA section instead of the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page?)
              General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum
    Next time post in the correct place. The moderators will likely move this thread there soon.

2. "download 1 minute data" and run the period converter to create the other timeframes.

3. Does it freeze? It will freeze if you do not return from OnTick/start; add print statements at start and end of routines, run it in visual mode and track it down your infinite loop.
  4. Does it end? Look in the log file and find out why.

Thank you for the advice.  I will run the period converter.

As to your question #1, I should first say that I am new to this website and forum.  I had first tried to find the official MQL4 forum via google, and there it was, in position #1, a link to https://www.mql4.com/.   I continued on that site, exploring it, and noticed that the logo and url had changed to MQL5.   There was no message informing me that the sites had "merged" but this is what I assumed.   I found the "Forum" tab and proceeded to scroll down looking for EA support.   I found the subforum titled "Expert Advisors and Automated Trading (5077)".  The title was not identified as "MQL5 Expert Advisors...."   so I decided that this is the proper place to post my question.   I did not have the foresight to continue scrolling down the page.  I hope this answers your question as to why I posted here, and I apologize if I have offended anyone.

MQL4: automated forex trading, strategy tester and custom indicators with MetaTrader
MQL4: automated forex trading, strategy tester and custom indicators with MetaTrader
  • www.mql4.com