Discussion of article "Analysing Candlestick Patterns" - page 3

Since new MQL4 almost similar with MQL5, I'm trying to convert candlestick_patterns.mq5 into mql4 just using save as mql4 source file. Obviously it's not working because several function in MQL5 doesn't came up with MQL4. I have Errors message on several lines:

• 'SYMBOL_CALC_MODE_FOREX' - undeclared identifier at Line 91
  • '_Period' - cannot convert enum at Line 97, 129, 511, 947, 1016, 1078, 1126, 1172

Does anyone know how to fix this so it can working with MT4?

Rex_Loner:

Since new MQL4 almost similar with MQL5, I'm trying to convert candlestick_patterns.mq5 into mql4 just using save as mql4 source file. Obviously it's not working because several function in MQL5 doesn't came up with MQL4. I have Errors message on several lines:

• 'SYMBOL_CALC_MODE_FOREX' - undeclared identifier at Line 91
  • '_Period' - cannot convert enum at Line 97, 129, 511, 947, 1016, 1078, 1126, 1172

Does anyone know how to fix this so it can working with MT4?

Good... i'm trying it too... 

_Period you can change for Period()

Then now just need to solve the SYMBOL_CALC_MODE_FOREX issue

hi,  have you figured this out yet? I hope to try...

Hi,

I have a question about "ANALYZING CANDLESTICK PATTERNS"

Is it possible to apply the filter "candlestickPatter" to an indicator that creates candles ?

thx,

Davide 

Hi,

How could I use this indicator ("ANALYZING CANDLESTICK PATTERNS") in my EA? is there any buffer to capture the information?

Thanks a lot.

Eduardo

Manuel Guedes:

Hi,

How could I use this indicator ("ANALYZING CANDLESTICK PATTERNS") in my EA? is there any buffer to capture the information?

Thanks a lot.

Eduardo

I used rectangle counters and from these counters create a buffer to buy and another to sell. The results are very interesting, especially when applying filter indicators.

This is a great tutorial. Please How can I get the candle types to work with buffers for my EA... someone help please 

Good morning Dimitry Voronkov,
I saw your extensive write up and code on candlestick patterns at this link https://www.mql5.com/en/ articles/101. I so much like it. I have followed it through and install the mql files but I will need a favour from you. Please can you show me how to introduce a buffer for the candlestick patterns? You don't have to write codes for all of them. I just need you to give me only one buffer example using one candlestick patter from your indicator and I can use it to work on the remaining. I will be glad if you can kindly assist. 
Analyzing Candlestick Patterns
Analyzing Candlestick Patterns
  • www.mql5.com
Plotting of candlestick charts and analysis of candlestick patterns is an amazing line of technical analysis. The advantage of candlesticks is that they represent data in a way that it is possible to see the momentum within the data. Candlesticks give a vivid mental picture of trading. After reading and a little practice, candlesticks will be...