Subscribing a signal and config 0.5 deviation/slippage means the order will not be copyed if difference bigger then 0.5 ?

Subscribing a signal and config 0.5 deviation/slippage means the order will not be copyed if difference betwwen signal provider and signal copyer is not bigger then 0.5 , thats right ?

Thank you!

Nuno Cruz:

Subscribing a signal and config 0.5 deviation/slippage means the order will not be copyed if difference betwwen signal provider and signal copyer is not bigger then 0.5 , thats right ?

Thank you!

Hi Nuno,

Maybe this can help

Tutorial for copying signal :
https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/523

And this is for video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntu6pZRopq4&feature=youtu.be&list=PLltlMLQ7OLeLZpxDnCMKz1tBlPcUminCT

Good luck :)

How to Subscribe to Trading Signals
How to Subscribe to Trading Signals
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
The Signals service allows users to connect to any signal and automatically copy trades of professional traders. Thousands of signals for MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 are available in the service. Read the article to learn how easy it is to subscribe, and how to choose the best option among the variety of available signals. How to Choose a...

bartlanders3100:

There's a new binary options tool that can help you get huge returns within 1 hour. I'm currently doing
$75 a hour and increasing. Check it out http://tinyurl.com/ydz9krl3

With the amazing Forex  payed and free Experts and Signals available on mql5 communitty, who the hell need those Bynary options timeframe expiring rules scam?

Yohana Parmi:

Hi Nuno,

Maybe this can help

Tutorial for copying signal :
https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/523

And this is for video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntu6pZRopq4&feature=youtu.be&list=PLltlMLQ7OLeLZpxDnCMKz1tBlPcUminCT

Good luck :)

Good luck is definitely the operative word here because...

Unfortunately, the answer to the OP's question is not found in the links you posted. I have not found a good explanation for the deviation/slippage settings anywhere. In the English MT4 version, it states that it's "spreads", not points or pips, whereas in the German version it says "punkte" indicating that it could be points. Other people think it's pips. You can set it much higher than the options available in the drop-down box. According to MT4 help, my best guess is that the numbers are multiples of spread, although explanations are vague and it will depend on the language of your MT4 platform. It's like everyone should know exactly what it is about and able to set it perfectly without any need for explanation. "excuse my ignorance - sorry for asking".

On one forum thread, there were people suggesting it is useless for brokers that offer Market Execution and is only of benefit for "instant execution" trading. Who knows? I thought most brokers used Market execution.

One thing I do know is it will not stop extra positions being opened when you're copying a signal and your TP or SL is activated and the signal providers isn't. You will get new positions opened instantly, and at the worst possible price. Fancy opening a position in the same direction when the TP price has already been reached. Then the only other option I can think of is not to copy SL or TP, leaving one vulnerable to account ruin if connectivity to the signal provider was interrupted.

Les777:

Good luck is definitely the operative word here because...

Unfortunately, the answer to the OP's question is not found in the links you posted. I have not found a good explanation for the deviation/slippage settings anywhere. In the English MT4 version, it states that it's "spreads", not points or pips, whereas in the German version it says "punkte" indicating that it could be points. Other people think it's pips. You can set it much higher than the options available in the drop-down box. According to MT4 help, my best guess is that the numbers are multiples of spread, although explanations are vague and it will depend on the language of your MT4 platform. It's like everyone should know exactly what it is about and able to set it perfectly without any need for explanation. "excuse my ignorance - sorry for asking".

On one forum thread, there were people suggesting it is useless for brokers that offer Market Execution and is only of benefit for "instant execution" trading. Who knows? I thought most brokers used Market execution.

One thing I do know is it will not stop extra positions being opened when you're copying a signal and your TP or SL is activated and the signal providers isn't. You will get new positions opened instantly, and at the worst possible price. Fancy opening a position in the same direction when the TP price has already been reached. Then the only other option I can think of is not to copy SL or TP, leaving one vulnerable to account ruin if connectivity to the signal provider was interrupted.

Pls read my "pm" to you. Instead of SL consider using "locking signal order" by opening additional trade in opposite direction. Check if this changes your "load" - margin used. In my case it does not.

However i did not tested it with signals, only with manual trades.

Nuno Filipe Pereira Cruz Pereira:

Thank you!

Yes, that suppose to be its purpose, but its not always working as it should be.