time zone conversion

hi programmers, is there a simple way to make an EA work on GMT time using a few easy lines of code?

The broker is GMT+1 but I am looking at GMT time being used for the functions of the Expert Advisor.

thanks

Nathan Moss:

hi programmers, is there a simple way to make an EA work on GMT time using a few easy lines of code?

The broker is GMT+1 but I am looking at GMT time being used for the functions of the Expert Advisor.

thanks

No. There are several issues:

- You cannot obtain the correct timeshift when the market is closed

- You will have to deal with different summertime rules and this wont work without a database which contains the specific rules for each country. Servers work with NY/US-Eastcoast rules, trade computers work with local rules. This has to be matched.

It can be done, yes, but not just like that. And if you ignore second point, you will end up in a dead-end-road.

Nathan Moss:

thanks

It depends, what do you want to do exactly ?

Doerk Hilger:

No. There are several issues:

- You cannot obtain the correct timeshift when the market is closed

- You will have to deal with different summertime rules and this wont work without a database which contains the specific rules for each country. Servers work with NY/US-Eastcoast rules, trade computers work with local rules. This has to be matched.

It can be done, yes, but not just like that. And if you ignore second point, you will end up in a dead-end-road.

Thank you for your expertise Doerk. Points noted.

Alain Verleyen:
It depends, what do you want to do exactly ?

EA uses previous candle close price to calculate all functions.

By changing server time to GMT time, (With a simple line of code)

I was hoping for a quick fix to make modifications to the entire function of the EA.