over bougt/over sold levels - page 2

Sergey Golubev:

First chart on this thread "with pips"?
It is the illustration about 'possible good situation' in case we are trading schaff trend cycle indicator (in separate window) only on the way as overbought/oversold: buy if the value of the indicator is below 20, and sell if the value of the indicator is above 80 (for example) ... or crossing 20 or 80 to below or above ... depends on the coding for the EA for example.

I see, thank you.

it really looks a powerful oscillator, any results to show its worth

Sergey Golubev:

This is the other setup (the settings of the indicator):

why this setup being used, any thing different or for smoothen curves.

anurag bhargava:

why this setup being used, any thing different or for smoothen curves.

This post here?
Yes, smoothen curves with less false signals ("Better Less But Better", - V. I. Lenin)

Because finding good settings for the indicator is same as finding good settings for EA.
If we want to create trading system so we should estimate/evaluate/select the settings for the indicators especially related to price action such as overbought/oversould.

talking about setup, is there any particular time frame in which it suits better.

or work with any time frame, I am currently using it in TF above 1 Hour.

In my opinion there are no such thing as accurate signal regarding to a particular aspect in trading, in this case overbought and oversold, because any indicators has its ups and downs depending on market conditions, signal created by oscillators are only effective in ranging market but deem worthless on a trending market. 

Angelito Cartagena:

In my opinion there are no such thing as accurate signal regarding to a particular aspect in trading, in this case overbought and oversold, because any indicators has its ups and downs depending on market conditions, signal created by oscillators are only effective in ranging market but deem worthless on a trending market. 

yup, it certainly not helping, trying out different oscillator, with different parameters

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Market Condition Evaluation based on standard indicators in Metatrader 5

Sergey Golubev, 2020.11.07 06:24

On Methods to Detect Overbought/Oversold Zones. Part I

On Methods to Detect Overbought/Oversold Zones. Part I