In real/demo account losing, while back tests start on 100$ and gives Millions/Trillions with DD about 5% - page 6

EnriqueD:

Not sure if this is a joke or not. But the manual (MT5) states otherwise.

Well the manual could be wrong there...

The same manual describes the mechanics... have you read that too?

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/75

These are well known issues, usually only newcomers (re) discover these things.

Maybe you just haven't tested enough that would be my guess.

Which can be to your advantage because a quick test to see if the logic fires appropriately can be beneficial.

But hours or sometimes even days of back testing for a profit indication is a total waste of precious time.

I would encourage everybody to go live as soon as possible on for example, a cent account to start with.

Every minute out of the market will be another lost chance.

I dare to state that going live just BECAUSE of these good looking but deceptive graphs, burns more accounts then anything else.

The Algorithm of Ticks' Generation within the Strategy Tester of the MetaTrader 5 Terminal
The Algorithm of Ticks' Generation within the Strategy Tester of the MetaTrader 5 Terminal
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
MetaTrader 5 allows us to simulate automatic trading, within an embedded strategy tester, by using Expert Advisors and the MQL5 language. This type of simulation is called testing of Expert Advisors, and can be implemented using multithreaded optimization, as well as simultaneously on a number of instruments. In order to provide a thorough testing, a generation of ticks based on the available minute history, needs to be performed. This article provides a detailed description of the algorithm, by which the ticks are generated for the historical testing in the MetaTrader 5 client terminal.

Marco vd Heijden:

Well the manual..

I would encourage everybody to go live as soon as possible on for example, a cent account to start with.

Cent accout? So when we will do standard account?!
We will continue all the life testing cents?

it would be a nice idea to stop trading then

Mohammad Soubra:
Cent accout? So when we will do standard account?!
We will continue all the life testing cents?

When you have earned the confidence to scale up, Mohammad.

You will learn so much more and so much faster as compared to working with illusions otherwise.

Marco vd Heijden:

When you have the confidence to scale up, Mohammad.

You will learn so much more and so much faster as compared to working with illusions otherwise.

I beleive with back tester man
It is fair enough to spend hours/days or even weeks on it instead of wasting the age by following cents

No you can spend a lifetime back testing it's not the same and can not be compared to trading with real capital.

But hey do what you think best.

The cents are for absolute starters, it's just a bad idea to immediately throw your entire capital into market.

Marco vd Heijden:

No you can spend a lifetime back testing it's not the same and can not be compared to trading with real capital.

But hey do what you think best.

I have a lot of EAs 
I have tried to front test them for a short period
Then after that i have done the back test for them in same parameters and same period ... etc 
Tester gives the same results

Except that type of the super crazy profits ea

Still you cant withdraw the profits.

hahaha

Marco vd Heijden:

Well the manual could be wrong there...

The same manual describes the mechanics... have you read that too?

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/75

These are well known issues, usually only newcomers (re) discover these things.

Maybe you just haven't tested enough that would be my guess.

Which can be to your advantage because a quick test to see if the logic fires appropriately can be beneficial.

But hours or sometimes even days of back testing for a profit indication is a total waste of precious time.

Every minute out of the market will be another lost chance.

I dare to state that going live just BECAUSE of these good looking but deceptive graphs, burns more accounts then anything else.

Yes, i have read the article. It is out of date (2010) when real ticks based on real data was not availeble. The screenshot from current manual, also does not describe it. Both outdated. 

The images i have provided are not deceptive, they are just illustrative no fantasy money there. Stating open prices is the best thing is just plain wrong. I do agree testing real with cent account costs pennys and is better then backtest. It does take time though and like you wrote... time is money :)

Marco vd Heijden:

Still you cant withdraw the profits.

hahaha

no comment :(

EnriqueD:

Stating open prices is the best thing is just plain wrong.

Open prices is the best thing.

I also said, unless you supply every tick data so you have to see it in perspective.

It would depend on the strategy used and that would become a rather large discussion by itself.

And i do not want to reveal or point in any specific direction to look for the best types of algorithms... 

I don't think we are on the same level, here.