MT4 platforms won't open -- need help

hello,

for some reason my mt4 platforms will not open from desktop icons or through the terminal.exe in the metatrader folders for the specific brokers.

only one of my several brokers will open. Running windows 10. tried to re download platforms but still have same issus. Also tried a full system restore back to a date when all platforms worked

Thank in advance for any response

tradercoach101:

hello,

for some reason my mt4 platforms will not open from desktop icons or through the terminal.exe in the metatrader folders for the specific brokers.

only one of my several brokers will open. Running windows 10. tried to re download platforms but still have same issus. Also tried a full system restore back to a date when all platforms worked

Thank in advance for any response

If you tried to re-install the platforms and didn't work, then its a computer issue.

Try to uninstall old version (through settings >> remove programs) and remove all settings (you will be asked for that).

Then re-install MT4 from your broker's again and see if that works.

Avast Antivirus turned out to be the issue on my pc - I disabled the Avast and met4 started to work. I then whitelisted the folder in Avast and it works without any issues now

mayhemxtc #:
Avast Antivirus turned out to be the issue on my pc - I disabled the Avast and met4 started to work. I then whitelisted the folder in Avast and it works without any issues now

AVG has done the same thing. It has blocked someone of the MT4 after an upgrade. The MT4 before the upgrade rimained working.