Changing a signal's name in MT4

Dear Everyone, 

I setup a new signal a few month ago on the MT4 platform with a particular name for the signal. This is the name that appears in the search page when other users search for available signals. 

After setting up the signal, I realized the name of the signal is no longer adequate, and wanted to change it. So I went to the 'My Signals' page, selected my signal and clicked on the edit button on the top right hard corner. Unfortunately, the 'Name' field cannot be edited and so I cannot change the signal's name. 

Can someone please let me know how I would go about changing the signal's name ?  

Any suggestions are welcome.  

Thank you,

Al Popp  

Alcion Popp:

Dear Everyone, 

I setup a new signal a few month ago on the MT4 platform with a particular name for the signal. This is the name that appears in the search page when other users search for available signals. 

After setting up the signal, I realized the name of the signal is no longer adequate, and wanted to change it. So I went to the 'My Signals' page, selected my signal and clicked on the edit button on the top right hard corner. Unfortunately, the 'Name' field cannot be edited and so I cannot change the signal's name. 

Can someone please let me know how I would go about changing the signal's name ?  

Thank you,

Al Popp  

You cannot change a signal name.

You would have to delete the signal and then recreate it.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Me again...need help to change strategy description

Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.02.05 10:02

You can edit your signal's description by clicking on the edit button, on the far right side of your signal page:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Renaming of my signals

Waseem Raza, 2017.04.02 20:46

You can not do via edit but you can delete your signal and ad again then you can give new name 

Alcion Popp:

Dear Everyone, 

Thank you,

Al Popp  

This is another change MQL5 made I suppose. Signal's name was editable until recently, but now it seems that you can't change it.

I had asked Admins to change the name of signal. but there was no response from them. Seems like the name cannot be changed except you recreate new signal.