Debugging when the markets are closed

Is it possible to debug an expert advisor when all the markets are closed (ie with historical data)?  

So for example, I'm programming an EA on Sunday and I want to debug it but no market is open.  Do I have to wait until Monday to start debugging or is it possible to debug this with historical data?

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties - Documentation on MQL5

johnmcgiles:

Is it possible to debug an expert advisor when all the markets are closed (ie with historical data)?  

So for example, I'm programming an EA on Sunday and I want to debug it but no market is open.  Do I have to wait until Monday to start debugging or is it possible to debug this with historical data?

I've got the same problem. Seems that it is impossible, as EAs work on OnTick() function and obviously there are no ticks during the weekend. Personally I am using Print() to print variables to journal in the tester as a workaround while backtesting on the historical data - it's better than nothing.

The other way is to use OnTimer() - Rosh has once suggested it.