Simple Profits

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to code an EA that just uses 2 MA's and is profitable forward and backwards?

set the first ema to 50 applied to high of candles

set the second ema to 50 applied to the low of candles

EURUSD 15MTF

If price closes above the high ema, open trade, TP 50 SL 1 pip plus spread below lower ema

If price closes below the low ema, sell, TP 50, SL spread plus 1 pip above high ema

Every time 20 pips are lost, increase lot size by 50%. martingale money management until successful trade.

I know martingale is dangerous, but using this strategy a person would only need to increase their lot size by 50% 7-8 times until a winning trade as far back as I can see!

cheers!

Files:
forex.gif  23 kb

whats the average stop size? i.e price distance between the two ema's?

Average size of SL is around 17-18, hasnt ever been more than 30 or so, and sometimes its as low as 7-8 pips.

Average distance between the two MA's is around 11-12

Basically increase lot size by half every time you lose 20 pips, which sometimes takes a couple of losing trades.

I forgot to mention also to move the stop loss to breakeven once a trade is 20 pips in profit

Hooya:
whats the average stop size? i.e price distance between the two ema's?

what is the point in a stop loss if you are going to add to losers anyway?

Hooya:
what is the point in a stop loss if you are going to add to losers anyway?

because chances are that if price goes back across the ema's more than likely youre gonna be entering a trade in the opposite direction you'd be in, so it would prevent huge losing trades which without the stop loss youd have to sometimes quadruple your initial lot amount.

oh okay. I think maybe some detail has got lost in reading.

Are you saying when you lose 20pips increase lot size or are you saying when a trade goes against you by 20pips add again? I was thinking you meant the latter but no so sure now.

Hooya:
oh okay. I think maybe some detail has got lost in reading. Are you saying when you lose 20pips increase lot size or are you saying when a trade goes against you by 20pips add again? I was thinking you meant the latter but no so sure now.

my apologies for the confusion, it would be the the first. Think of it as stop and reverse, increasing lot size if necessary. hope this helps!

yes. I understand you now.

thanx for this indicator

as for me - moving average its a good indicator indeed, but i don't think i will use martingale strategy ever. how about money management? what part of deposit using for margin? what stop-out level for broker you use?