Developing an EA

Hello, I would like to get my system developed into an EA but are not sure how to go about this, any feedback would be much appreciated thanks

burnsi:
Hello, I would like to get my system developed into an EA but are not sure how to go about this, any feedback would be much appreciated thanks

If you have a programming background then learning MQL4/5 is easy enough. I can reccommend a set of tutorials written by a guy who calls himself codersguru, they're posted on most trading forums. If your smart enough to have developed a system, then writing a bit of code really is childs play in comparison to the work you'll have already done.

If you really dont want to program yourself then you either need to hire a programmer, or release full details of your strategy in the hope someone's kind enough to help you for free.

The more detail you can provide, and the more accurately you can specify your requirements, the more chance you have of someone taking on the job. It also helps if you can provide results of manual backtests so at least people know its potentially worth spending time. If you dont specify the system adequately the only people who will help will tend to be those without much experience, and thats a recipe for disaster !

You could take a look at code generation tools, but theyre generally only capable of implimenting the most basic of strategies, but maybe they could give you a base to work from.

Most strategies you can automate without knowing anything about programming. You can even make flexible EAs which uses different strategy at different market conditions (usually one set of rules starts to fail when market conditions changes). E.g. You can have one rules for high volatility and other for low volatility, and EA can switch automatically. Also EA can stop or restart automatically when it identifies, that market changed. And you can automate it in minutes. The harder thing is to find what's profitable and when, however you can try many variations in short period of time (create EAs and backtest/demotrade them).

What is the best volatility formula for short term trading?

burnsi:

I just had Boston Technologies program an EA for me and they not only do a great job, they are easy to work with. Boston Technologies - MetaTrader Programming | Expert Advisor Programming

Call and ask for Shaun Overton

1 617.314.6800