You can finally quit your job - page 2

Thanks for the answer. I will be waiting for further info on this system.

This system looks interesting, it seems to be built on a good set of indicators.

metallic:
On a loose ranging market it does very well, but on a tight ranging market like the usd/jpy i think it was this past week or before it takes the good with the bad. I think it has potential but as of now I am still just testing it.

Sorry for the newbie question, but what do you mean with a loose ranging market?

I don't think the indicator works. I was watching my charts for a while and saw no arrows, then decided to reload template and a arrow appeared about ten bars earlier which wasn't there before. It says on the first post to reload template after each candle, is that after a arrow appears or on each and every candle. Paris

thanks for everyones input, i have come across this indicator which is more stable. i expect if you have tried this you have had trouble with the sidus. the indicator im attaching is much better. it WILL REPAINT if you just load it to a chart and backtest it. BUT, if you run it in your strategy tester it will not repaint the past, so seeing how the indicator looks is kind of a pain, but I think it is worth it. with the settings suggested earlier, I forget who but thanks for the info, appears to be profitable with the 24,34,5 settings appears to be profitable overall, even though there are a losings trades and a FEW large drawdowns, 50 pips or so, on the 15M tf, this of course is larger on larger TF's. Right now I am trying to decide the best settings for sidus, based on drawdown. If anyone has any recommendations it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Pips to all!

Hello brgolfer,

thanks for sharing and for your effort with this indicator.

I will test it next week. But only one question:

The old one do not refresh alone. Do you know, comes the signals alone or have I refresh manuell with this new indicator.

Greatings

Patona

22 Sep 2009 ... If you quit and start something new and persevere for years and .... money, energy) within the first 6 months or else. ..... Just curious what your attachment to this topic is. ... Quitting your job to go it alone is only easy if you're just ... Good post, I can't help but smile at the comments. ...

With the new indicator the signals will appear automatically, however the signals aren't ass accurate as they appear if u just load it onto a chart and backtest it, however, they still produce a profit when testing in real time.

Cheers!

patona:
Hello brgolfer, thanks for sharing and for your effort with this indicator. I will test it next week. But only one question: The old one do not refresh alone. Do you know, comes the signals alone or have I refresh manuell with this new indicator. Greatings Patona

Thank you brgolfer for sharing your system with us. It is always nice to test a new system and add it to our forex tool box!

This is good, we need to set up alerts sms email, how would we do that ?