Forex Basics

Hey all,

I noticed there are a lot new beginners requesting similar information in this section of the forum. Maybe we could put together a sticky that says: "IMPORTANT: READ THIS FIRST, BEFORE POSTING!"

We could throw some Q&A in there along with training and news websites, this may eliminate some of the unnecessary threads, and allow the veterans to really assist the beginners with specialized questions and problems...Just an idea. Please reply if this sounds good.

Steve

The basics of forex is as follows:
The Foreign exchange market is a large, growing and liquid financial market that operates 24 hours a day. It is not a market in the traditional sense because there is no central trading location or “exchang".The market for buying and selling currencies at the current market rate.Rollover

A spot transaction is generally due for settlement within two business days (the value date). The cost of rolling over a transaction is based on the interest rate differential between the two currencies in a transaction. If you are long (bought) the currency with a higher rate of interest you will earn interest. If you are short (sold) the currency with a higher rate of interest you will pay interest. Most brokers will automatically roll over your open positions allowing you to hold your position indefinitely.

finvik:
The basics of forex is as follows:
The Foreign exchange market is a large, growing and liquid financial market that operates 24 hours a day. It is not a market in the traditional sense because there is no central trading location or “exchang".The market for buying and selling currencies at the current market rate.Rollover A spot transaction is generally due for settlement within two business days (the value date). The cost of rolling over a transaction is based on the interest rate differential between the two currencies in a transaction. If you are long (bought) the currency with a higher rate of interest you will earn interest. If you are short (sold) the currency with a higher rate of interest you will pay interest. Most brokers will automatically roll over your open positions allowing you to hold your position indefinitely.

Thx for the reply Finvik, so you agree with the concept or idea?????

THanks for that was having some difficulties with the concept of Rollover myself but that helped quite a bit. Thanks.

I am obliged that you all liked it. If you have any other query then do ask me i will try to solve your problem.

Trend Setter:
Hey all, I noticed there are a lot new beginners requesting similar information in this section of the forum. Maybe we could put together a sticky that says: "IMPORTANT: READ THIS FIRST, BEFORE POSTING!" We could throw some Q&A in there along with training and news websites, this may eliminate some of the unnecessary threads, and allow the veterans to really assist the beginners with specialized questions and problems...Just an idea. Please reply if this sounds good. Steve

Forex Basics

Foerx market is a Vast Field.and it is not possible to learn forex trading within a day ,or a week or a month. Obviously you can learn forex trading within some weeks but learning forex trading is not sufficient, because there are many forex trader, those are trading in forex market ,but they are are not making money, always they are losing. so if you want to be a real forex trader and winner also, you will have give some time to it. there are many web sources for getting knowledge about it ,so use these all tools for becoming a successful trader.

Have a Happy Trading

If you like browsing forums and sites, you might have heard several times of the terms “fundamental analysis” and “technical analysis”, two metodologies of analyzing the market in order to decide when to enter or exit a tr

Is the fundamental analysis considered a forex basics because I find it quite too hard to understand.

Yes Steve. Good point !

A Forex how to would be better

Or something like Forex Step by Step.

regards,

AT

Forex market affected by financial news releases which is reasonably frequent and can cause large swings in the prices of currency. These variation in prices give trader a chance to make money.