The London Open - page 20

scardi:
Hi rockdrive,What are CCI & daily MA's rules ? Could you elaborate more on this please ?Thanks!

Hi,

You need to first go to the Forex Factory site and read the thread through and study the charts and the set-ups discussed (thread has the same name as this), then read this thread through from the beginning and study the charts.

As with any system you need to do the homework and study before you can get the best out of it.

Once you have read the threads and studied the charts look through your own charts with the same set-up and you will start spotting the trades, then you will understand a bit better what people are discussing here.

Afraid there is no short cut, you need to put in the hours first.

Hi all. I'm a first time poster here on fxfisherman, but have been following this thread from its begning on Forexfactory. Glad to see its being kept well and truly alive over here! Equally glad to see the pips are still rolling in for all...and a special 'hello' to the old guard fxpimp, rockdrive, and dan.

Couldnt make it into the liveroom today, sadly my pc drcide to show me the finger by flashing up the blue screen of death meaning no access to the net today, feed up of microsoft so bought a mac and so far so good!

Early Birds catching those worms.............

Morning all. I hope some of you took the EURJPY & GBPJPY trades at 5 AM UK time !!!

Do you not sleep, Le Pimp........

Greetings from sunny England.

It will be interesting to see what happens this morning.

Already had a sneaky go on GBPJPY & EURJPY due to the way the charts were set-up.

GBPCHF looking quite promising too.

I do realise that these moves are primarily based on Dollar strength though and wonder how much longer Gold can sustain it's fall.

Looking on the 4hr chart is that a double-bottom from last week's lows ? Maybe. Do I think it's oversold in the short-term ? Definately. Is USDJPY over bought? Most definately.

So although the technicals are in place for gains on the pairs I jumped into upon rousing my ugly head. The whole correlation thing worries me slightly.

Caution, stealth, diligenge and patience are the key words for the session.

I wonder if cable is finding some support down there too adding a little weight to the GBPJPY & GBPCHF? The latter I cannot trade until after 7am.

Bit of a mixed picture, and I'm just not convinced Gold is going to just keep falling the way it has been without at least a little move back up $880-$890, but I was wrong yesterday.

Could be a big day if Gold pulls back, but certainly not jumping in to short it, or EURUSD or GBPUSD and most certainly will not be going long on USDCHF ot USDJPY at these highs either.

Maybe looking for a naughty one on the Crude.

what do you think of GBP/CHF, broken 200ma and looks set for a journey North....

morning all.

hi rockdrive, i see what you see but just put of by the fact that 84 cci has been above 0 for a while now (on the 15 min chart), plus it could just be that it has moved back to the 200sma (as you expect) before moving back down. i think i'll sit that one out till i see it bounces off the 200 and pushes higher

I took the same approach of waiting for an ma bounce on gbpjpy yesterday and hae just loocked in 105pips so will continue to play it safe i reckon.

rocwell:
morning all. hi rockdrive, i see what you see but just put of by the fact that 84 cci has been above 0 for a while now (on the 15 min chart), plus it could just be that it has moved back to the 200sma (as you expect) before moving back down. i think i'll sit that one out till i see it bounces off the 200 and pushes higher I took the same approach of waiting for an ma bounce on gbpjpy yesterday and hae just loocked in 105pips so will continue to play it safe i reckon.

Hey Rocwell - Nice move I'm in anyway on gbp/chf so will see how plays out. Missed the early move on e/j and took only 4 pips before exiting. Decided too late to enter the g/j move, so will watch for retrace. Catch ya soon

Pimp or Dan007, when your about.

Tough morning!!!

Could you enlighten. How do you identify a retracement.

When is a retracement, a retracement, and not a move.

thanks

Tony

Hi everybody,

Thanks Iman.

Scorpion, would you please post this dan template you were talking about please...

2 more questions: What are T1, T2 and T3? Do we use Smooth MAs or Simple MAs?

Thanks everybody!!!

Sarah