The London Open - page 101

Well what a day...So much on offer and i didnt take it all.

Am i gutted no, as i made plenty of pips in GOLD and a few tidy pips in EURUSD.

GOLD def had the best setup and we hit a 795.00 bid early this am. Then using the CCI´s we traded with the trend and banked on the way down.

Bunny and the others made some great calls on the Cable and shared pips all round which was good to see. Others traded GBPJPY and made over 250 pips and the record for the day (i am hearing) is over 800 pips, so well done there.

Excellent trading to you all. I was conservative but hey thats the way it goes.

Speak tom.

Dan

Morning all

Well who would have thought that GBP would have fallen that much over night.

I have been predicting 1.6500 but not in a day!!!

Brent is in free fall, as well as GOLD, EUR and Indices.

I wouldnt stand in their way.

Trade with the trend and go with it.

Speak later

D

I am technically expecting retracments in cable, eur etc but want to see london show their support...

D

Well support held as u can see from the cable and eurusd charts. The 123 gave us the entry levels and it ended up being a great morning with a long in cable at 1.6315 and banking at 75, 90, 12 and 68...

We also took the gold gap trade for a ckeepy 25 pips b4 it broke down.

All flat now but london open ended up quite profitable.

Speak later

D

Watch cable and eurusd for upside this am...

Could test and break pivot here.

D

Dear Fellow Pipsters,

I want to tell tales; tales of noise and distraction. Who was looking at going low Dow this afternoon. Who had an deal lined up at 8563! Who was listening to Greenspan (The Merchant of Doom - ther will be massive job losses etc.)! Who thought whoa this going to mean Dow back down due to earnings issues! What a plonker Rodney! Play your charts and ignore the noise. It was a pefect little 123 and instead of counting lashings of pips I was counting the number of ways I could beat myself with a bit of birch.

Its not all doom and gloom - I had a tidy little day snaffling the odd pip or two in the morning session. I do like a little bit of the London Open. Pimp played a blinder in the chat room - I do like the jpy higher, took a look and thought so do I closed out for +42 pips (97.68-98.14) and then came back an hour later for a spot more and gathered another +53 (97.68 - 98.21) even got my original entry. It was like Groundhog Day. I also had a cheeky 18 on FTSE 4052 - 4036. Thought I was the Daddy only for FTSE to go another 100. Oops you did it again. Suitably lashed I managed a bit of Dow Jones Esq (8848 - 8775) for +73. Not a bad day but so many missed opportunities. I closed out the day at +173 pips.

I missed Gold - doh; twice; doh, doh, wobbled on FTSE and got Greenspaned on Dow. Could have been a really good day. So play less attention to the news and more attention to your charts. The tele is boring anyway!

Well done to some fellow pipsters Bloom racking in the pips once more (even with a dodgy computer - the story is readers he's too tight to buy another one!); Honest Bill with two beauties with Gold (I was a little jealous); and Dan007 you got so much style its scary and apparently you were in a bad mood because of Mutley. Great calls on Gold and Cable. Keep the focus Tony you are a whisker away from getting those pips filling your tin. No surrender.

Finally a little mention, because he's not really human, to Monkey Boy, I am fast learning about the indices. Thank you for answering my really basic questions. I like them and with more practice I see real upside potential. But a lot to learn me thinks so thank you.

Good luck to the Monkeys and thanks for the chat room boys. What a laugh, and the calls are still first rate. Only one small complaint; we don't have enough of the Pimp on the thread. We know you are busy; yes we know, but your fans are missing your subtle messages and delicate way with words. I for one am really looking forward to the new live room. With Dan as the new voice of Radio Monkey (I'd prefer Terry Wogan - but he can't trade) it promises to be great show.

OK - now have penned some fine words I am off to drink some fine wine. A little more ChateauNeuf and to dine, well my children have broken for their halfterm I think it has to be Chinese (I do fancy a bit of Duck).

GreenSpam Rockie

Morning

How much further can the EUR and CABLE fall without a retracement.

I thought yesterday we might get a few pips on the upside through the pivot but it never materialised.

I have nerves this am as the market looks so weak still but selling through the weekly support 3 makes me tingle in my bones. Any other market conditions and you would see a big pullback but this shows how weak the GBP and EUR currencies are... Stay with the trend until it shows otherwise.

OIL and GOLD are in free fall as well, as demand for OIL is falling. Key support at the $64 per barrel so beware of any turbulance around this area.

Ok speak later.

D

Morning all

So are we going to see retracements or are we going to see continuos weak GBP and EUR.

They way the charts are they are set for a fall so lets see what 7am brings.

D

Well all worked out quite well....

Short cable at 1.5685 and banked at 1.5605, 1.5555, 1.5505, 1.5520, 1.5410, 1.5410. Banked 6 times for a few cheeky pips.

Also shorted cable at 717.5 and banked at 715.0, 712.0, 709.0, 711.8. Banked 4 times here...

All flat now...was tempted on long cable on bounce off fridays low but missed the bounce.

Anyway good day so far.

D

SimonRK:
Hi Dan - 101 pips - EUR/USD - thought about keeping it on but pips are pips - so I'm happy! In the USD/JPY too at the moment - looks very tired - got that feeling I may give a few pips back here but going to keep it with a tight stop - if it could just break this daily 20 M/A. Shout it up Dan! Simon

Excellent work Simon