The London Open - page 9

hi Dan,I am new to forex and to the forum and thank you for sharing your knowledge with everybody. I would like to know what are your indicators and their settings and can anyone post a download link for those indicators. Finally, can you explain what are the entry, exit, stop loss, take profit etc... rules as well as the correlation between currencies. It would be great to have a single post with evrything in it...

Thanks

Sarah

and also, what is, in your opinion, the best broker for forex and commodities?

rollingstone:
Dan007 and FXPimp Have you seen what Twee has written about you on FF? F

Yes, Interesting considering.

Frankly I don't care what he says. I think the thread speaks for itself.

If one doesn't like what we do, they don't read the thread. If they don't read the thread they don't learn the methods we teach. If they don't learn to love the methods we teach, they don't inquire more, but move on to greener pastures. It makes no difference to us whatsoever.

We ARE traders, who play with our own money, but we share the love.

I don't think someone can pass judgement based on an anonomous email.

Do we sound like we know what we are talking about ?

Do we sound like we are trying to help others ?

Or are we coming accross as money-grabbers ?

Seems Twee is the one out for personal gains as he's the one reaping the rewards of advertising revenue.

Anyway, rules are rules. We must leave and do our own thing here.

On here we must behave and not mention the 'forbidden place',

But see if we continue to post and assist others, then decide for yourself if there's an ulterior motive.

FX Pimp:
Yes, Interesting considering. Frankly I don't care what he says. I think the thread speaks for itself.If one doesn't like what we do, they don't read the thread. If they don't read the thread they don't learn the methods we teach. If they don't learn to love the methods we teach, they don't inquire more, but move on to greener pastures. It makes no difference to us whatsoever. We ARE traders, who play with our own money, but we share the love.I don't think someone can pass judgement based on an anonomous email. Do we sound like we know what we are talking about ?Do we sound like we are trying to help others ?Or are we coming accross as money-grabbers ?Seems Twee is the one out for personal gains as he's the one reaping the rewards of advertising revenue. Anyway, rules are rules. We must leave and do our own thing here.On here we must behave and not mention the 'forbidden place',But see if we continue to post and assist others, then decide for yourself if there's an ulterior motive.

I've posted a response to Twee - it will be interesting to see what the Lord comes back with

I've seen this happen before. Gold creeping higher and higher.

I'm not buying it as the 84CCI has been up for a long time.

Euro will continue to climb if Gold does but I will not be getting carried away.

My best looking fancy for this morning would have to be USDJPY if it falls below 105.00.

It's set up nicely, has retraced exactly 50% of Fridays falls and it's much more appealling to be than going long on EURUSD after a 400 pip run.

Keep it tight

P.S It depends where you are based Pipmeister. If you're in the UK then spread-betting is best for tax purposes. If I make 1000 pips a week with a broker here I must give 400 of them to the government.

If you're in the U.S then ODL have an MT4 platform which covers Crude and Gold too. Also there's CMC or GFT. I don't have any personal experience with any of them but you could try looking on ForexPeaceArmy for reviews.

Also posted a grovelly plea on FF to Twee.

Also holding out for retracements if they come.

Fran

Hi guys,

Great to see you here and alive

I 'd like to ask Dan, FX Pimp and others how you manage your open positions around news?

If I have opened position and news announcement is due in 30 min then I close my position and wait for news and enter maybe later.Also I dont open position about 30 min before news.

Today I entered GBPJPY at 207.43 and because PPI numbers was released at 10:30 I exited with +10 pips.After that pair went up for about 40 pips but because it was close to news release I didnt enter .

It would be interesting to hear particulary from Dan as he was trading for institutions in the past how big dogs manage open positions around news.

Hi Everyone

Went short on the AUDUSD and have exited for -20. Confident my enrty was ok with the 84 cross. Exited on the 84 crossing back above zero. Glad i didn't go long as Dan says, "Don't go long short long". The next sell signal looks great. My timing was a bit off. Oh well thats FX. The Aussie has a lot of resistance around the .9650 area.

Currently long GBPCHF. Have closed half at 35 and my sl is at BE. Going to let the rest ride. Hopefully US Pending house prices will push the USDCHF higher helping my GBPCHF long.

New room glad to see the usual faces.

May the pips be with us all.

Jeremy

Hi Guys n Gals,

Great day in the offering now with Gold & Crude starting to fall a bit.

Not looked at that Ozzie, Jem, but I'd guess you got out a bit prematurely if everything else is a guide.

I also took the GBPCHF jut to add a 100 or so to the 200+ on GBPJPY. Closed it at the 50sma at 2.0250 and might have another go if gold retraces upto $902

Lost about 30 on the EURJPY which was a pain as it was soooooo against the strategy, but 'hunches' do come-off sometimes.

Didn't get involed in the USDJPY first thing as the break of 105.00 didn't happen and Dollar sentiment changed 8 times in 2 hours so a bit frustrating.

About trading around news for Kennard. On a 15m strategy it can be highly dangerous but on a 4hr chart it doesn't really put a dent in it.

It's always risky but if you're 100 pips up at the time, you can always be happy with the 100 and close or move your stop to +50 and see what happens.

Personally, I'd take off part of my position and lock in some profit, then let the rest ride.

Thanks for your comments Fran. Very decent of you joining in the whinge !!

Crude looking dangerously close to bombing a few hundred pips. 300 pip stop-loss anyone ?

Patience paid off for us - we were waiting for EURUSD to show its hand and entered on Dan's CCI at 1.5760. We just closed out for 61 pips so we are really chuffed. Not big pips by your standards but we are trying to build up our account and our target is 50 pips a day so we have exceeded our target!

So a big fat spandex thanks Dan and FXPimp for your FANDABULOUS system FOR FREE!!!!

THANK YOU FOR SHARING GUYS and happy pipping.

Fran