another indicator....another alert needed...thanks - page 3

will download the 'trend bars' from first post , start from scratch and repost everything along with the ea ..... this gets more interesting each day....

hi hayseed.........look forward to what you come up with........i have been thru every line of code 20 zillion times and still cant get it to load so will wait paitently for the new version....cheers the stellaman

I want to rename the title to a more objective name, what will be the name of this indicator? Think and let me know.

hey bossxero,yer the title does suck a little eh,lol,but the indicator has a name "Trend Bars" simple and does what it says on the tin ............thestellaman

is there a version that does not repaint?

it DOES NOT repaint.............

ah ha.... just downloaded a new clean demo version 210..... then downloaded the indicators we have been workin on..... the indicators plot exactly as yalls...... all blue bars for the ' painted trend bars' indicator and the original 'trend bars' indicator is ploting the moving average in histogram form with proper coloring just as stellamans picture....

the 'painted trend bars' paints all bars blue due to the fact the 'trend bars' never falls below 0..... that we allready knew.... but why will the exact same code oscillate on v205 but not on v210......

so here is how it stands, metaquotes has changed something from version 205..... that change is causing the indicators math to be calculated in a manner that will not allow the 0 line oscillation needed for the painted trend bars.....

btw, this is the very reason i have the update feature turned off on my machines...... if this indicator had been part of an ea, no telling what would have happened when changing from v205..... obviously the ea would not have bought/sold as intended......

we need to look at all the feature changes from v205 to present and see if some feature change involved how the math is handled..... the only other possibility is math differences between a demo account vs live account and that seems highly unlikely....h

hi hayseed...............erm hate to throw a spanner in the works,but when i first had the problem trying to get the indicator to load and you said about maybe it was the build that was different,i did a full clean of metatrader and all indicators and re installed it ...build 204 and never updated it and i trade on a live account so i dont think that it can be that either.........see pict................thestellaman

Files:
PICT2.jpg  153 kb

hey stellaman..... yes , it appears to be something specific to v205 compilers.... and 205 alone.....

last nite i downloaded several copies and updated to 210 and the indicators plot just as your machines.... those are both live versions and demo.....

the real hoot is, i can take the 'trend bars' out of v205, in ex form, and place in any v210 and the indicator plots as it does on my machines in 205.... so it must be v205's compiler...

so in v210 i now have the exact same indicator plotting both ways.... with the 'trend bars' workin properly the 'painted trend bars' works properly.... tried to upload the ex version but apparently the ex extension is not allowed..... will post on my site later so it can be downloaded.....

the best solution is just for us to completly rewrite the indicator to a manner that works with builds other than 205.... should be easy enough.....

later going to swap out the editor/complier in v210 with 205's just to see....h

hi hayseed................well you seem to have sussed it out,if you cant upload an .exe file put it in a zip/rar file and that will upload ok........im not usually an EA guy i like manual trading........but i iknow your trying an Ea out of this,i dont know what kind of stoploss profit levels you have put in it but having watched this indicator for a few months now, when it turns and goes on the most part it does go so to keep the losses to an absolute minimum i usually put a really tight stop after the first change of colour usually at the high/low of that bar or a maximum of 10pips because as i say if its gonna go it dont look back.thats how i trade it anyway.........just a thought for you..........look forward to getting the indi finally on the chart..............thestellaman

Hey Hayseed

Best of luck man! I think it can be quite a big task to rewrite the Indic from scratch! But I know you have all the required skills to get this done, so all the best... We'll wait for the update.

Also, it not very cool from Metaquotes to make such kind of changes in their program.

hey hayseed..............how you getting on? .............thestellaman

thestellaman:
hey hayseed..............how you getting on? .............thestellaman

Hey I noticed that the trendbars do repaint.. it repaints the previous bar.

hey stellaman..... it's been ssssslow going..... been workin on several intense ea's ......

it's for sure a v205 issue..... here is the compiled indicator in ex style, as much as i despise ex's, thats the only way i can figure out how spread it around.....

i noticed your charts are of gpbjpy, gbpusd and such..... do you find better luck using those pairs vs say the eurusd.....h

https://www.metatrader5.com/?utm_campaign=redirect&utm_source=traders

Files:
trendbars.gif  115 kb

Hi Hayseed

I tried the Trend Bars V2 together with the V1 with the same settings and guess what, though settings are same, the 2 histo are totally different from each other and V1 seem better. Can u shed some light on this issue?