Make Easy Pips With Economic Calendar - page 11

sg1:
Very unreliable News predictions, at least for cable, 80% of times - wrong!

I wish this were so, if it was wrong all the time I'd trade against it. Then that way I'd only lose 20% of the time..

Give it some time guys, this seems to still be in beta mode and more data will get better algorithms.

First off I would like to say thanks to you Scorpion for the time and diligence you have invested in this site.I tried your recommendation for using the economic calendar as a guideline for opening positions.Cleared a $270 profit today(albeit only in a demo account but it felt good anyway...lol).As I said in my earlier post I'm pretty much a noob and am looking forward to becoming a regular here and helping out as best I can.Thanks again!

any forecast for the direction and future chart?

gbegley:
2 trades 2 losses. Thats what i have experienced - though i'll keep tabs on your progress. By the way i don't like the way you imply that i give up after 2 trades. It implies that a) i actually would trade your system full time and with real money and b) that i give up easily while forex trading. You know nothing about me nor my forex trading so mind your own business and stick to solving your own forex inadequacies. Your system is far too simplistic.For example if you take NFP numbers (lets say they are 'previous' 130k and 'forecast' 110k) then you set a sell eur/usd order. All you do is sell if the forecast is set to be lower than previous number. Cut out all the intellectual insider knowledge %#$@ that you shovel it really is annoying. Go and get a job brushing the streets if this is the qulaity of your method.

i suggest you learn a basic learning about a trader:

"all risk and profit, your win and your lost is on yourself, on your hand and your own, not others"

if you still interested on news trading you can compare any source forecaster and STILL use your own decission.

scorp,

1. can you include general forecast on any resources, i mean majority forecast in any forecaster, on your calendar?

that will make your economic calendar become usefull.

2. can you make your prediction just 5 minute before news release?

you know, forecasting maybe will be more accurate. cause you can see market sentiment before news is released. like fed interest rate on gbp three days ago. if forecast is seen before sometimes market will be react first. right?

3. thanks for your hardwork for us

Hi, Scorpion,

instead of clicking thanks button after each on of your postings, I'd better say a big THANK YOU for all the hard work you do helping forex traders.

I've been trading forex for about 5 years now, and I think I know a little bit about trading news and no news... this site, thanks to you is one of the best on the web. The only thing that is missing (in my opinion) is the rule to delete all posts that are rude, because that serves no purpose at all.

I think that should have been done with the post from mr. gbegley. Traders have and should have different opinions about everything, including trading systems, the way those opinions are expressed is important though.

Keep up good work!

You're welcome guys. I love creating something useful for this community.

Mods can delete posts and we love deleting the offensives especially toward us, but critics should be here for the freedom of expression. Only if the poster is being too rude, we'll give an infraction or even ban.

When the calendar function is working, I look at the forecast EVERY DAY. Accuracy appears to be highest on EUR... possibly due to the better statistical predictability of that pair. Thanks for this great tool!

I'm 17 pips richer now trading NFP. Let's see how this thing goes in the next 3 hours. Market seems abnormally too slow... They're on vacation or something?

3 hours passed. P/L retracted back to 0 pip so break even today.