Pick new logo for fxfisherman.com! - page 2

I read a joke today, about hacking stuff:

-Hey, my friend broke the server yesterday.

-Wow, is he a hacker?

-No, he`s an idiot.

Here in mother tongue (Khmer), when we want to ask if somebody can use computer, we literally ask "can you punch a computer?" Of course, anybody even a baby can punch a computer!

Anyway, this site is going to self-destruct in 1 hour. (But i doubt you're reading this msg during this 1 hour)

Still messed up now... as i'm still doing another half of upgrade.

Forum and site is kinda stable now. But still need to fix the blog, footer, dirty background while loading, top-right block, ads, and home page.

Works alright for me right now. Are the skyscraper ads on the left supposed to go all the way down the page? Looks kind of odd to see a blank box on the left

Glad to hear that. Traffic and revenue are not affected at all, so i guess this is a smooth move. The left sidebar will grow 100% down by end of November and grow a little longer shortly after. Whatever it is, you'll get used to it. Now we're paying attention to it, as we got used to the full-width design for years.

What's good about this new design is that firstly it's conformed to W3C XHTML Standard, using pure CSS for layout and styling. Secondly page size is greatly reduced. Thirdly it improves readability on large screens. And most importantly, we've established a formal identity. There're some extras such as the search box, vertical menu, and available space for us to grow.

The bad side is that old browsers such IE 5.5 and below have problem with pop-up menus. I'd like to encourage those users to stop using old browsers, because they're at great risk of being hacked and got info stolen. Screen with resolution 800x600 might see cropped content if browser cookie or javascript is disabled; however, there's extremely small number of visitors who disable those.

Alright, we're going to add navigation on very top and a mini chart on the top-right-most. And many more.... (to be continued)

Btw, I change the font of logo. How is it? better or worse? just tell the truth

I like everything,and the most that we are recognizable from now on.

it ok and smooth as progress can beautify it

Ok, one thing, there's no snow in this design. It's a summer design to ...err... warm you up in winter. Ok, next winter, we'll have a header of an Eskimo fishing in a tiny hole of icy lake.

Anyone notice content (right-side) is loading before the sidebar (left-side)? This is the next generation website design, in which you can control the flow of elements. This is mainly advantageous to blind people who use screen reader and search engines. I think it's weird to have the right side loaded first--you won't notice if you're on fast connection.