Signal server down - page 4

Eleni Anna Branou:

I wonder if its a location or broker related problem, because I am connected alright (as a signal provider) and only one of my subscribers contacted me with this problem (using a different broker than me).

Also, I see that out of the thousands of MQL5 signal subscribers, only a few (2 dozens) posted here so far, having this problem.

In my app the last message I got was "synchronized with 0 positions" at 5 May with your signal. Would it tell me when the connection is down? Everything looks fine on my end. I'm not sure, since your signal did not trade since then.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqtkmksbp3oksnh/Screenshot%202017-05-08%2009.50.53.png?dl=0 <- my journal looks good, too.

3 VPS's 12 signals 4 brokers DOWN! Service Desk asked for my logs 4-5 hours ago....this is ..... arrrrrgggggh!

You need to look at the logs.

Or just disable the signal in the options and enable it again. The log will tell you what's up.

John:

You need to look at the logs.

Or just disable the signal in the options and enable it again. The log will tell you what's up.

Signal - connecting to signal server

Publisher: starting

Publisher: ok

looks good at me.

John:

I guess the provider's end is on a different server.

And for the subscribers: Most just don't watch. Click subscribe, VPS, done.

They are in for a surprise though when they read the logs..

Yep, I would have been in the same boat, except that I monitor the closed trades and open positions at start and end of day and noticed an open position that appeared closed on the signal provider; hence the horrible discovery that all my four VPS logs have had that "connecting to signal server" message over and over - and as per my other message in this thread - I only discovered it was NOT a VPS host issue when the same happened on my local terminal.

@martin braun

No it doesn't.

It tries to connect but doesn't.

When it connects successfully it will compare equity and show the percentage etc.

Martin Braun:

looks good at me.

Connecting to signal server mean your MT4 Trading platform trying to get connection with Mql5 signal server, but not connected at all ...

Ok thanks for the info.

Martin Braun:

looks good at me.

Hello Martin, you should a: signal enabled message.

The: signal - connecting to signal server, means that your account is trying to connect but it can't.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Hello Martin, you should a: signal enabled message.

The: signal - connecting to signal server, means that your account is trying to connect but it can't.

Got it, I thought "Provider: ok" means I'm connected. Let's hope they fix the problem ASAP.