Backtesting of EA's

Hi All, 

I would like to be able to see the MT4 or MT5 Terminal view showing the resultant EA trades opening and closing whilst performing a backtest on an EA using the MT4 or MT5 strategy tester.  Can anyone assist me ?

Thank you

Franco

Franco1:

Hi All, 

I would like to be able to see the MT4 or MT5 Terminal view showing the resultant EA trades opening and closing whilst performing a backtest on an EA using the MT4 or MT5 strategy tester.  Can anyone assist me ?

Thank you

Franco

you mean live action of the EA in backtesting? just check visual mode and you can see live action

Visual mode, not optimization

whroeder1:
Visual mode, not optimization

Thanks, but the visual mode only gives the graph showing the movement of the rate but not the individual trade line as per the Terminal view. The EA that I am working on works on closing of combinations of trades, so I would like to see the individual trades to see if the EA is closing off the combinations correctly.

Thanks

Franco

Franco1: but the visual mode only gives the graph showing the movement of the rate but not the individual trade line
Turn them on: Tools -> Options -> Charts -> Show trade levels = checked (Or the MT5 equivalent.)

I was hoping that somebody would know about an add on or utility that could show the trade lines just as the graph is been shown.

Thanks

Franco