Different MA types.

Hi.

Recently I downloaded some indicators from the elite section which have so many different types of MAs as option, I´m familiar with weighted, EMA, SMA and HMA. I wonder if there is some source where I can read about the different types avalible and maybe see graphical differences.

I dont know if this is the right section but thanks anyway.

Their are to many types, I have tried some of them but I reckon different types require different settings

NWFstudent:
Hi.

Recently I downloaded some indicators from the elite section which have so many different types of MAs as option, I´m familiar with weighted, EMA, SMA and HMA. I wonder if there is some source where I can read about the different types avalible and maybe see graphical differences.

NWFstudent

Simply change the ma type and then you can compare them

Some are documented, and some are not (some are invented here - and some things, like double smoothing or making almost all of those types adaptive, simply does not exist anywhere else, so they have to be tested to see exactly what happens).

mladen:

NWFstudent

Simply change the ma type and then you can compare them

Some are documented, and some are not (some are invented here - and some things, like double smoothing or making almost all of those types adaptive, simply does not exist anywhere else, so they have to be tested to see exactly what happens).

Thank you so much for your reply mladen

NWFstudent:

Their are to many types, I have tried some of them but I reckon different types require different settings

All ma need different setting for different symbols

NWFstudent:
Maybe you got any suggestion what is worth testing?

NWFstudent

Whatever you are using, by all mean try the double smoothing too - it cleans up a lot of false signals in a lot of cases

NWFstudent:
Maybe you got any suggestion what is worth testing?

Depends on the time frame

SMA 200 on daily is usual

Malle Simpson:

Hi.

try non-standard attitude to all indicators to avoid lagging :) with standard attitude all of them lag so less use out of them