Tool to save data tick tick - page 5

Hermo:
Ok Mladen, that's just what I wanted to know. The difference was in the DOM window appeared only a maximum of 9 positions but really the total order book is higher as there are more positions.

Now I have exactly the information I wanted to thank you and your great indicator.

Many many thanks for all very sincerely. Your indicator has been very helpful as always, everything is perfect.

I hope you have a happy afternoon.

It seems that this is similar as with spread : if you get it as MarketInfor(Sumbol(),MODE_SPREAD) you will in a lot of cases get completely different values than Ask-Bid. Old metatrader specialty : what should show the same results - does not

mladen:
It seems that this is similar as with spread : if you get it as MarketInfor(Sumbol(),MODE_SPREAD) you will in a lot of cases get completely different values than Ask-Bid. Old metatrader specialty : what should show the same results - does not

What is the exact way to calculate spread??

techmac:
What is the exact way to calculate spread??

Ask-Bid

MarketInfor(Sumbol(),MODE_SPREAD) sometimes returns nonsense

mladen:
Ask-Bid MarketInfor(Sumbol(),MODE_SPREAD) sometimes returns nonsense

OK

Thanks for the explanation

techmac:
OK Thanks for the explanation

There are quite a few cases like that

Seems that MarketInfo() function is treated like an orphan. But not just that one

Today I had a very "nice" experience with build 650 : eClock() is a simple EA which is in essence an endless loop that writes out time remained for the bar each 1/4 of the second (it does not wait ticks, so it MUST write out that info each 1/4 of a second) started doing it after 5, 10, 15 seconds.

They can control endless loops (sleep function) already from the broker side, and it seems to be built in in metatrader already. Good luck guys - they can control our EAs. That is why they were in a hurry to force us to use new builds

mladen:
There are quite a few cases like that

Seems that MarketInfo() function is treated like an orphan. But not just that one

Today I had a very "nice" experience with build 650 : eClock() is a simple EA which is in essence an endless loop that writes out time remained for the bar each 1/4 of the second (it does not wait ticks, so it MUST write out that info each 1/4 of a second) started doing it after 5, 10, 15 seconds.

They can control endless loops (sleep function) already from the broker side, and it seems to be built in in metatrader already. Good luck guys - they can control our EAs. That is why they were in a hurry to force us to use new builds

No wonder that the trust in metatrader is disappearing with each new second of using it

They are not correcting bugs : they are making broker tools

Just an info (to whoever wants to know) : even though they are advertising that build 660 is working with DOM (Depth of Market) data functions. The same as before, it has no idea about DOM functions and the "working with DOM" is a simple misleading (I do not want to call it something else now)

Files:
dom.gif  86 kb

mladen:
Just an info (to whoever wants to know) : even though they are advertising that build 660 is working with DOM (Depth of Market) data functions. The same as before, it has no idea about DOM functions and the "working with DOM" is a simple misleading (I do not want to call it something else now)

What they name DOM there has nothing to do with DOM