Function list in the new Metaeditor

I am looking for some suggestions how to navigate between functions in the new 600+ Metaeditor (Meta-notepad).

I find the way of navigation between methods in a single MQ4 file frustrating, when the number of methods exceeds 10:

What i tried is Notepad++, that can synchronize source with the Meta-notepad, and fold code by blocks and it has intelligent method listing, with fold-able classes. I like it, but the Notepad++ often fails to display entire list of classes and methods, so though it is convenient, it is also unreliable.

Do you know of some editor, that can do better job for the C++ style code navigation? Thank you for any suggestion.

Files:
clipboard78.png  110 kb

You are right, it is better than the pre 600 version, but it still sucks. The drop down list is just not satisfactory. As a couple of other suggestions, look at SciTE; it is open source but I don't know if a 600+ version has been released. The inclusion of the compiler into the MQ editor may prevent its use. Also Norton had a problem with one of its control programs. The other option is to look at Visual Studio which should do the job, especially if you develop a couple of integration tools to link it to MQ.

Probably telling you something you have already considered.

Good Luck,

Tzuman

Tzuman:
You are right, it is better than the pre 600 version, but it still sucks. The drop down list is just not satisfactory. As a couple of other suggestions, look at SciTE; it is open source but I don't know if a 600+ version has been released. The inclusion of the compiler into the MQ editor may prevent its use. Also Norton had a problem with one of its control programs. The other option is to look at Visual Studio which should do the job, especially if you develop a couple of integration tools to link it to MQ.

Probably telling you something you have already considered.

Good Luck,

Tzuman

I nearly forgot about SciTE. You are right, I had been using SciTE as a full replacement of Metaeditor prior 527+, so I think I might look at it again what the new version of Scintilla can, though I doubt it had been enhanced to 600+, it is too much effort for a single developer. BTW, there is a separate command line compiler available on the MQ site, so the compiler call is not a problem.

It would be fine if there was a single editor that would replace the new Metaeditor, but I my expectations are not yet so high. For now, I would like to have additional notepad, that would "scan" for class methods in the source and navigate between them in some more intelligent way comparing to the toy from MQ.

At the SciTE mql site they are saying that that build 509 is the newest that s supported. We are probably going to have to wait

Never mind, support of the MQL commands and compiler is not priority. There are a lot of lightweight "notepads" claiming support of the C++ syntax, but I did not meet anything better than the Notepad++. So if anyone thinks he knows a better choice...