90% success indicator need modification plz - page 3

you could be waiting a while as its decompiled code - ie Stolen code

welcome to the Forum

vtcpa04:
Hello everyone, I just found this site today. Immediately bookmarked! Wow! I found a non repainting indicator with over 90% accuracy but it has some bugs causing the indicator to not display it's signals in real time. To get around this I have been continuously deleting it from my chart then re-adding it to take advantage of it's amazing accuracy. I would be most grateful if someone could take a look and see if it can be fixed so I do not have to keep doing that! Also, it would be sweet if alerts could be added. Please see the code below. Many Thanks in advance to anyone willing to take a stab at modifying this amazing indicator. I guarantee it will be worth your while and to the bountiful benefit of anyone who decides to use it.

#define SIGNAL_NONE 0

#define SIGNAL_BUY 1

#define SIGNAL_SELL 2

#define SIGNAL_CLOSEBUY 3

#define SIGNAL_CLOSESELL 4

#property indicator_chart_window

#property indicator_buffers 2

#property indicator_color1 Red

#property indicator_color2 Blue

extern int AllBars = 0;

extern int Otstup = 30;

extern double Per = 9.0;

int gi_92;

int gi_96;

int gi_100;

int gi_104;

double gd_108;

double g_high_116;

double g_low_124;

double g_ibuf_132[];

double g_ibuf_136[];

int init() {

if (Bars < AllBars + Per || AllBars == 0) gi_96 = Bars - Per;

else gi_96 = AllBars;

IndicatorBuffers(2);

IndicatorShortName("EXITSIGNAL");

SetIndexStyle(0, DRAW_ARROW, STYLE_SOLID, 1);

SetIndexStyle(1, DRAW_ARROW, STYLE_SOLID, 1);

SetIndexArrow(0, 159);

SetIndexArrow(1, 159);

SetIndexBuffer(0, g_ibuf_136);

SetIndexBuffer(1, g_ibuf_132);

SetIndexDrawBegin(0, Bars - gi_96);

SetIndexDrawBegin(1, Bars - gi_96);

ArrayInitialize(g_ibuf_132, 0.0);

ArrayInitialize(g_ibuf_136, 0.0);

return (0);

}

int deinit() {

return (0);

}

int start() {

int l_ind_counted_0 = IndicatorCounted();

if (l_ind_counted_0 < 0) return (-1);

else

if (gi_96 > Bars - l_ind_counted_0) gi_96 = Bars - l_ind_counted_0;

for (gi_92 = 1; gi_92 < gi_96; gi_92++) {

gd_108 = 0;

for (gi_100 = gi_92; gi_100 < gi_92 + 10; gi_100++) gd_108 += (gi_92 + 10 - gi_100) * (High[gi_100] - Low[gi_100]);

gd_108 /= 55.0;

g_high_116 = High;

g_low_124 = Low;

if (Close[gi_92] < g_low_124 + (g_high_116 - g_low_124) * Otstup / 100.0 && gi_104 != -1) {

g_ibuf_136[gi_92] = Low[gi_92] - gd_108 / 2.0;

gi_104 = -1;

}

if (Close[gi_92] > g_high_116 - (g_high_116 - g_low_124) * Otstup / 100.0 && gi_104 != 1) {

g_ibuf_132[gi_92] = High[gi_92] + gd_108 / 2.0;

gi_104 = 1;

}

}

return (0);

}

That is a decompiled SHI_SilverTrendSig indicator (a very old indicator actually). You can find more information on it (about all it does - including the repainting) here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173292

mladen:
That is a decompiled SHI_SilverTrendSig indicator (a very old indicator actually). You can find more information on it (about all it does - including the repainting) here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173292

Many Thanks for the prompt reply. I know I just scratched the tip of the iceberg at this site!

mladen:

Sorry for the double replies to your message and Thanks again for the prompt response. I know you stated the code above is based on a very old SHI SilverTrendSig indicator which repaints. I just wanted to reiterate a key difference between the SilverTrendSig and the indicator whose code I posted earlier is the indicator I posted does not repaint and it is also worth reiterating it's astounding accuracy. As I also stated, I am currently taking advantage of it's near perfectly accurate signals by continually deleting then re-adding it to my chart so I just need it to display it's signals in real time. It is also worth repeating that it would be sweet for it to concurrently provide alerts with it's signals on the chart. Sorry for being repetitive but I felt it was worth highlighting the fact the indicator I need modified does not repaint and is very accurate (approximately 90% success rate depending on the currency used) I trade five minute binary options expiries off the one minute chart and since the indicator generates signals every few minutes, I solely trade the Eur/Usd with excellent results. Hopefully, this will convince some of the programmers out there to take a stab at fixing it.

vtcpa04:
Sorry for the double replies to your message and Thanks again for the prompt response. I know you stated the code above is based on a very old SHI SilverTrendSig indicator which repaints. I just wanted to reiterate a key difference between the SilverTrendSig and the indicator whose code I posted earlier is the indicator I posted does not repaint and it is also worth reiterating it's astounding accuracy. As I also stated, I am currently taking advantage of it's near perfectly accurate signals by continually deleting then re-adding it to my chart so I just need it to display it's signals in real time. It is also worth repeating that it would be sweet for it to concurrently provide alerts with it's signals on the chart. Sorry for being repetitive but I felt it was worth highlighting the fact the indicator I need modified does not repaint and is very accurate (approximately 90% success rate depending on the currency used) I trade five minute binary options expiries off the one minute chart and since the indicator generates signals every few minutes, I solely trade the Eur/Usd with excellent results. Hopefully, this will convince some of the programmers out there to take a stab at fixing it.

vtcpa04

The indicator you posted :

The same indicator a couple of bars later :

See the last blue dot . Sorry do disappoint you but it does repaint. It has been proved long time ago. I could find even more drastical examples of repainting, but I hope that this one is enough to show what does that indicator do

All the best

Files:
s1.gif  36 kb
s2.gif  36 kb

mladen:
vtcpa04

The indicator you posted :

The same indicator a couple of bars later :

See the last blue dot . Sorry do disappoint you but it does repaint. It has been proved long time ago. I could find even more drastical examples of repainting, but I hope that this one is enough to show what does that indicator do

All the best

Thanks again! Looks like my success using it recently can be chalked up to luck and random positive reinforcement. The search for the elusive holy grail continues.....

mladen:
See the last blue dot . Sorry do disappoint you but it does repaint. It has been proved long time ago. I could find even more drastical examples of repainting

Vtcpa04,

Once bitten, twice shy. Pretty sure everyone around got bitten by the issue at least once...

Moral of Story: Never trust anything that looks too beautiful. Including women. LOLLL

Wintersky

Cheers

wintersky111:
Vtcpa04,

Once bitten, twice shy. Pretty sure everyone around got bitten by the issue at least once...

Moral of Story: Never trust anything that looks too beautiful. Including women. LOLLL

Wintersky

Cheers

Depends on the age If you are young jump on everything you see moving

mladen:
Depends on the age If you are young jump on everything you see moving

Or when you are old

Then men are jumping on a moving wooden dog too

vtcpa04:
Re: 90% success indicator need modification plz Sorry for the double replies to your message and Thanks again for the prompt response. I know you stated the code above is based on a very old SHI SilverTrendSig indicator which repaints. I just wanted to reiterate a key difference between the SilverTrendSig and the indicator whose code I posted earlier is the indicator I posted does not repaint and it is also worth reiterating it's astounding accuracy. As I also stated, I am currently taking advantage of it's near perfectly accurate signals by continually deleting then re-adding it to my chart so I just need it to display it's signals in real time. It is also worth repeating that it would be sweet for it to concurrently provide alerts with it's signals on the chart. Sorry for being repetitive but I felt it was worth highlighting the fact the indicator I need modified does not repaint and is very accurate (approximately 90% success rate depending on the currency used) I trade five minute binary options expiries off the one minute chart and since the indicator generates signals every few minutes, I solely trade the Eur/Usd with excellent results. Hopefully, this will convince some of the programmers out there to take a stab at fixing it.

What happened to the "no repainting" part?