New metatrader 4 compatible indicators - page 162

poster:
This is from metatrader site chainpricersi.mq4 Why is it so slow when time frame or symbols are changed ? Can someone check please

poster

Here is a much faster version : chainpricersi_faster.mq4

Did not clean up the whole thing (init section for example) but only the calculating part. Anyway, now it works as any normal indicator should work

PS: apart from speed difference, better to use this version. The original could repaint in some cases

Files:

Please could this indicator be made to work on the new metatrader platform? Thanks in advance

Files:
mtf_3xrsi.mq4  8 kb

samuelkanu:
Please could this indicator be made to work on the new metatrader platform? Thanks in advance

samuelkanu

Here you go : mtf_3xrsi_nmc.mq4

Files:

mladen:
poster

Here is a much faster version : chainpricersi_faster.mq4

Did not clean up the whole thing (init section for example) but only the calculating part. Anyway, now it works as any normal indicator should work

PS: apart from speed difference, better to use this version. The original could repaint in some cases

Thanks. It works fine now

What was exactly that was slowing it down so much?

poster:
Thanks. It works fine now What was exactly that was slowing it down so much?

In short : assuming that new metatrader 4 works like metatrader 5 (also using arrays in inappropriate way and using some array functions that are anything but optimized for using in a real time environment). In this case the biggest problem of the coder is that he obviously thinks that new metatrader 4 and metatrader 5 are same now (and nothing can be further from the truth)

mladen:
In short : assuming that new metatrader 4 works like metatrader 5 (also using arrays in inappropriate way and using some array functions that are anything but optimized for using in a real time environment). In this case the biggest problem of the coder is that he obviously thinks that new metatrader 4 and metatrader 5 are same now (and nothing can be further from the truth)

OK

Thanks for the explanation

Good afternoon everyone

Hello mladen

Please could correct errors and warnings in this indicator

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards

Hermo.

Files:
autos_r.png  40 kb
autos-r.mq4  4 kb

Hermo:
Good afternoon everyone

Hello mladen

Please could correct errors and warnings in this indicator

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards

Hermo.

Hello Hermo, made it compatible,also you will need ZigZag in your indicators folder for it to work

Files:

mladen:
Updated renko live chart indicator. It now always creates a new offline history file when it is started (that way it ensures clean data). Due to different way how files are used in new metatrader 4 this step had to be added as an additional step.

Hi Mladen, I've got a question about your renko indicator. Not sure all renko does the same, but when I go below renko box size 10, the renko bars generated differ when I change the timeframe I attach the indi on. Here is an example : this is renko box size 5 on M5 tf : Gyazo - c9057ae61290d90c1acdcda4109a3032.png and this is on H1 : Gyazo - 456bf01e5dec5521c52439a403a83abe.png. I'm not sure one of them has an error or not. Why is that ? If renko is not based on time, why would the bars change ? Thanks.

airquest:
Hi Mladen, I've got a question about your renko indicator. Not sure all renko does the same, but when I go below renko box size 10, the renko bars generated differ when I change the timeframe I attach the indi on. Here is an example : this is renko box size 5 on M5 tf : Gyazo - c9057ae61290d90c1acdcda4109a3032.png and this is on H1 : Gyazo - 456bf01e5dec5521c52439a403a83abe.png. I'm not sure one of them has an error or not. Why is that ? If renko is not based on time, why would the bars change ? Thanks.

airquest

I did not make that indicator (I have never made my own renko code)

All what I did is adjusting it to be new metatrader 4 compatible. That is where my interest in it stopped.

PS: renko will change the resulting charts depending on time frame and and starting time of the used data. You will never get same results for renko from 5 minute and 1 hour charts. That is the nature of renko.

Imagine this : on a one day chart you have one bar of, let say, 100 pips size. And in fact, it was not a continuous change of price in only one direction without direction changes.

Take a look at Friday EURUSD and using daily chart for making renko that would be a 1 renko bar of 5 pip size , while using 1 minute chart for that you would get a whole lot more that would resemble to what hapened that day (I said "resemble" since renko will never show the exact price changes - that is due to the step that the price must change before one renko bar is actually drawn). And we all know that 1 5 pip renko bar for Friday will never show what exactly happened that day (the triple whipsaw that was made that day, for example)