New metatrader 4 compatible indicators - page 4

Mladen...what about SSA (recalculating one)?...will it work?

Pava:
Mladen...what about SSA (recalculating one)?...will it work?

That one will continue working

The end point version too (they are using the same dll)

THAT IS GOOD...I am a big fan of this indicator

mladen:
Antonsan

I was going to write a long answer, but decided to make it short

Here is a version with correct data when show wicks is chosen too. Uper is without wick, lower is that same thing with wicks made visible

Have a nice weekend

mladen

How much did you have to change the code to make this Renko indicator work?

I've got a Renko I use which I shall have to modify probably, just wondered what was it about the offline part had to be changed?

You've only posted the .ex file, so we can't see the .mq part.

Best regards

(The Renko i use, creates an opposite bar only after a move of one bar, not two, so every move of the set number of pips, creates a bar. I find it more useful)

davidb012:
mladen

How much did you have to change the code to make this Renko indicator work?

I've got a Renko I use which I shall have to modify probably, just wondered what was it about the offline part had to be changed?

You've only posted the .ex file, so we can't see the .mq part.

Best regards

(The Renko i use, creates an opposite bar only after a move of one bar, not two, so every move of the set number of pips, creates a bar. I find it more useful)

davidb012

The way how the renko itself is written is not a "secret" at all. You can see it the one posted here (source posted too) since the renko live chart and that one are very similar : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183798/page2

The reason why I did not post the source is not because of the new format. What I am keeping for myself is the way how multiple offline charts are updated in order to keep all OK. There are few ways that I know of but all have one same error : messages are dispatched to wrong windows and that causes errors (like the indicatorCounted() that always returns 0 error) and that is why I did not post the source - sometimes I have to have my little secrets

PS: if you need help, please ask. No problem. As long as you don't ask the above stated

Thanks mladen, I may take you up on the offer of help.

I'm going to download the new mt4 version tonight and do some testing and see how much I'm going to need to fix. My Renko is an EA, but I take onboard your comments written elsewhere about using an indicator. I'll see if I need to change it.

mladen:
sebastianK With time at least 20-30% will have to be rewritten (downward compatibility was never something metatrader had and they never will have it in the future either). And some are going to stop working altogether (some ways how dlls were used are stopped forever now)

Thank you

I hope that those 20-30% will not be those that I am using

Hi mladen,

I have a few indicators - some of yours actually - most from forex-tsd - not sure if they will work post 509 or not if I use the compiled versions. If so then that is fine. I also purchased an EA from the Elite section only last week but I tried that and the indicator it relies on doesn't work in build 577 volty on Jurik trailing stop EA, which a mod by Mr Tools of your trailing stop EA I believe - I obviously don't want to post that here - any advice?

I will try the attached indi's using the ex4 versions and see how I get on.

Thanks,

Dave.

EDIT: Checking them was easier than I thought - these all seem to work ok . The only one I am struggling with is the Elite purchased EA (well the indicator it uses)

BUILD 579 now.....

mladen:
regarding the SSA indicator-

That one will continue working

The end point version too (they are using the same dll)

Doesn't the DLL need to be recoded for the new metatrader 4?

QUESTION: How do I know which indicators work for the new build or not?