MT4 manal backtesting (data downloading) - Any help would be appreciated.

Hi everyone,

I hope i'm asking my question in the right forum.

I would like to be able to do the following:- View 1 minute bars from 1-8 years ago on MT4.

Currently the strategies im working on are based on a 4 hour chart. But the timing of the entries themselves are based on minute bars.

So my problem on MT4 is that minute data is not displayed past a few weeks prior. (And so I can only test a few trade setups.)

Is there a site/method I can use to manually download all of the minute/5min/15min data onto my hard-drive, and then manually drop it into some MT4 folder that would allow me to rapidly check minute bars from years ago?

I don't use robots or EA's for backtesting, and i'm having quite a hard time finding a way to get the minute bars I need in order to test setups from months to years past.

Any advice/tips would be appreciated.

marie-paker:
Hi everyone,

I hope i'm asking my question in the right forum.

I would like to be able to do the following:- View 1 minute bars from 1-8 years ago on MT4.

Currently the strategies im working on are based on a 4 hour chart. But the timing of the entries themselves are based on minute bars.

So my problem on MT4 is that minute data is not displayed past a few weeks prior. (And so I can only test a few trade setups.)

Is there a site/method I can use to manually download all of the minute/5min/15min data onto my hard-drive, and then manually drop it into some MT4 folder that would allow me to rapidly check minute bars from years ago?

I don't use robots or EA's for backtesting, and i'm having quite a hard time finding a way to get the minute bars I need in order to test setups from months to years past.

Any advice/tips would be appreciated.

Hi Marie-parker,

Found a site here MetaTrader 1-Minute Data, MetaTrader Historical Trade Tools, Software