Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 268

braintheboss:
Mql5 have good API for check missing historial. Mql4 is very primitive. I have much communication with MT coders ( now I'm using newer build of metaeditor because b950 crash is large projects) and they commented me maybe MT4 will have MT5 features in a future.

Why API if all can be done from mql?

braintheboss:

Always less possible. In my EA, TZ indicator 100 bars for default ( only in BAR event ). In TICK event 1 bar only. In SnR indicator i didnt have optimized yet then max. bars is historial ( depends where find the high/low ). But when I will optimize only 1 bar in both events while high/low is not break.

Really even with this number of bars iCustom hangs. And I have other indicator make leak memory to MT4. I sent them as report video too iCustom is a disaster, that is my opinion

What is "TZ"? Can it be accurate with only 100 bars?

checkin:
What is "TZ"? Can it be accurate with only 100 bars?

Transient Zones. And yes, its enough.

apprentice coder:
Why API if all can be done from mql?

That thing "can be done from mql" is called API. MQL5 API have more features than MQL4 API

braintheboss:
That thing "can be done from mql" is called API. MQL5 API have more features than MQL4 API

As I have been told that there is no metatrader API. Windows API is something else

braintheboss:
Transient Zones. And yes, its enough.

I find that it is impossible to use that on runtime data (as any SR - heavy repainting)

checkin:
I find that it is impossible to use that on runtime data (as any SR - heavy repainting)

TZs behavior is different. Repaint is not problem. Really is wrong call it repaint when you are speaking about S/R. All S/R are broken one time at least. Dont exists permanent zones in the market. And TZs are deeper discussed in FF. Have enough literature for make a trilogy. But like all indicator's, have an utility but need support of others for be reliable

braintheboss:
TZs behavior is different. Repaint is not problem. Really is wrong call it repaint when you are speaking about S/R. All S/R are broken one time at least. Dont exists permanent zones in the market. And TZs are deeper discussed in FF. Have enough literature for make a trilogy. But like all indicator's, have an utility but need support of others for be reliable

Names ... but the fact remains that it is repainting and that it can not be used as sr (sr must have stable levels that are either broken or not - adjusting levels on each 1/2 pips of change is repainting - the way TZ does, but then, let it be the new grail)

checkin:
Names ... but the fact remains that it is repainting and that it can not be used as sr (sr must have stable levels that are either broken or not - adjusting levels on each 1/2 pips of change is repainting - the way TZ does, but then, let it be the new grail)

Its far to be perfect but this is full auto. Last friday. If you check thread you will see TZ is only one tool. The EA is who mix all indicators and make reliable auto trading.

PS: Im not talking about holy grail. I dont sell anything. I only told you that you cant discard indicator because repaint. If you know limits and you know how use it you can get advantage of that behaviour

Files:
usdjpym15.png  38 kb

Metatrader 5 : Hedging system

With this system, you can have multiple open positions of one and the same symbol, including opposite positions.

If you have an open position for a symbol, and execute a new deal (or a pending order triggers), a new position is additionally opened. Your current position does not change.

The below example shows execution of two EURUSD Buy deals 0.5 lots each:

And much more :

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/2299

It is getting close to metatrader 4

Files: