Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 211

techmac:
Nagh ... they are just waiting after the Christmas

As I told : among 4 posts posted today there the most significant is ... you guessed : the kitchens posts

techmac:
As I told : among 4 posts posted today there the most significant is ... you guessed : the kitchens posts

They deleted it - now. It was on there the whole day long

I noticed they changed the template to that of the MQL5 like. And they appended a post they are going to remove private messaging from MQL4 site, advising users to use MQL5 site for that.

So they invested useless effort for changing the template while removing other features. I wonder what the logic behind is.

Ovo:
I noticed they changed the template to that of the MQL5 like. And they appended a post they are going to remove private messaging from MQL4 site, advising users to use MQL5 site for that. So they invested useless effort for changing the template while removing other features. I wonder what the logic behind is.

The lack of logic : the thought is "if we twist their arms long enough, they will accept it". Except that they are overlooking that we can not accept something that is dead. The whole "new campaign" is based on a false premise

We all knew that they are going to try to force us t use metatrader 5

With 76% of European FX trading done by HFT what does it matter what are we using for trading? We might use MT4 or we might as well use MT5 - that is the same s...t. They are not meant for traders but for suckers that will be used to get some real liquidity that will then be robbed. Scratch the 95% failing. It will be 99.99% failing very soon with such "improvements"

They just try make more simple MT platform maintenance for them. They will can hope get more income selling services but i'm sure they know FIFO rules will kill platform and them for inertia. If they can't force it with MT5, now i don't think they try it again with current MT4 dissatisfaction...

techmac:

1)"With 76% of European FX trading done by HFT..."

2)" We might use MT4 or we might as well use MT5"

3) " that is the same s...t. Scratch the 95% failing"

Hi techmac,

From 1) , where do you get thoses figures? HFT, which broker? which platform?

from 2) and 3) , which platform do you use to cure that situation?

Thanks for your reply.

Happy holiday.

Enjoy 2015 trading.

Sincerely.

Tomcat98

Tomcat98:
Hi techmac,

From 1) , where do you get thoses figures? HFT, which broker? which platform?

from 2) and 3) , which platform do you use to cure that situation?

Thanks for your reply.

Happy holiday.

Enjoy 2015 trading.

Sincerely.

Tomcat98

Tomcat98

The data from this document hft_activity_in_eu_equity_markets.pdf is not related to forex, but assuming that forex is close to equity data is not unreasonable. The data is not broker or platform specific (as you shall see)

Since the HFT is not platform specific I am adjusting my trading strategy - no money enough to meet all the conditions that I would need to be HFT myself

Ovo:
I noticed they changed the template to that of the MQL5 like. And they appended a post they are going to remove private messaging from MQL4 site, advising users to use MQL5 site for that. So they invested useless effort for changing the template while removing other features. I wonder what the logic behind is.

That is probably the reason why metarader 5 site is down today

techmac:
That is probably the reason why metarader 5 site is down today

Lol.

BTW, I looked into the MQL4 site today and learnt something new from them again:

Files:
ad2.png  35 kb
ad2.gif  35 kb
mql4ad2.png  53 kb