Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 160

The biggest "change" is that they are selling VPSs now too

No shoes selling ... yet

checkin:
The biggest "change" is that they are selling VPSs now too No shoes selling ... yet

Don't worry

Soon we shall be able to buy shoes - and underwear too

techmac:
Don't worry Soon we shall be able to buy shoes - and underwear too

Yep

First they have to find underwear filled with bugs and then they will start to sell it

If there are errors fixed in this version. The problem is that there are so many, they need to fix 2 life. I keep hoping that solve one in the backtest with CopyX methods. Almost all the mistakes I encounter are with templates. That part they have very poorly implemented.

braintheboss:
If there are errors fixed in this version. The problem is that there are so many, they need to fix 2 life. I keep hoping that solve one in the backtest with CopyX methods. Almost all the mistakes I encounter are with templates. That part they have very poorly implemented.

No error fixes. Just some new errors (bugs)

Plus one lie : they are advertising that build 660 works with DOM. That is a lie, since the compiler still has no idea about DOM functions when it comes to metatrader 4 build 660

mladen:
No error fixes. Just some new errors (bugs) Plus one lie : they are advertising that build 660 works with DOM. That is a lie, since the compiler still has no idea about DOM functions when it comes to metatrader 4 build 660

I agree that there are new bugs (now winuser32 not compile). But I send them bugs, and some are fixed. I'm not talking about an annoying bug, I mean errors that leave your project really dead (casting problems, virtual functions, conflicts of overload methods).

And I ask a question. It really is so catastrophic the current situation?

I have a framework with almost 300 files, and except for a couple of very serious errors ( both fixed ), works well (at least from the B625). Even I have a modified version of a robot that is used to manually backtest with multiframe support (using hacks periodconverter script) and it works perfect. And it is a perfect candidate to not work in a unstable build as b600+.

As a programmer, I can criticize things, but never that they facilitate my work. A debugger and an OOP language is sufficient to suffer the temporary "mess" it seems to be the b600 +. I do not see it that way, but I will not question the opinion of the majority.

Sorry for my English...

braintheboss:
I agree that there are new bugs (now winuser32 not compile). But I send them bugs, and some are fixed. I'm not talking about an annoying bug, I mean errors that leave your project really dead (casting problems, virtual functions, conflicts of overload methods).

And I ask a question. It really is so catastrophic the current situation?

I have a framework with almost 300 files, and except for a couple of very serious errors ( both fixed ), works well (at least from the B625). Even I have a modified version of a robot that is used to manually backtest with multiframe support (using hacks periodconverter script) and it works perfect. And it is a perfect candidate to not work in a unstable build as b600+.

As a programmer, I can criticize things, but never that they facilitate my work. A debugger and an OOP language is sufficient to suffer the temporary "mess" it seems to be the b600 +. I do not see it that way, but I will not question the opinion of the majority.

Sorry for my English...

I am so glad that someone thinks that this new metatrader 4 thing is good - it means that there is hope for them

PS: I am using build 660 currently and I really can not tell about numbers (how many indicators, scripts or eas I have modified using builds 600+ - probably 30-50 code files go through my editor daily due to my duties here at TSD). But so far I haven't seen any improvement whatsoever (except the ability to use more than 8 buffers for drawing (I say drawing buffers, not calculating buffers, I was already using more than 1000 "buffers" for example in some build 509 and lower files, so I did not need calculating buffers at all) and structures - other parts of OOP are meaningless in a sequential processing like trading, they just add time lag) in all these builds.

When metatrader 5 started made a simple test : made a function and an object that were doing exactly the same thing. Function was in average 7 to 8 times faster. That is enough for me. Same ratio exists in new metatrader 4. Trading is time critical and such a big difference in speed of execution made the decision what and how to do.

As of the rest - I leave the dispute of coding languages to others. C has 32 keywords and all can be done with it. And it exists for years and years and is still one of the strongest and best coding languages there is. And metaquotes thinks that they should change the coding language every couple years. Conclusions I leave to all reading this post

all the best

Does not matter what we say

In their "wisdom" metaquotes is cutting the branch it is sitting on. Soon it will be nothing but an one armed jack not a trading platform

braintheboss:

Could I ask about the fix about casting, virtual methods and overloading? I probably did not notice there were any, or perhaps I already forgot about them. Or perhaps I even missed them, when I had to skip several releases when the faulty implementation of empty structure appeared in the compiler (which temporarily ruined all my coding).

Ovo:
Could I ask about the fix about casting, virtual methods and overloading? I probably did not notice there were any, or perhaps I already forgot about them. Or perhaps I even missed them, when I had to skip several releases when the faulty implementation of empty structure appeared in the compiler (which temporarily ruined all my coding).

My framework was made for MT5. But the basis of b600 + compiler is the same. There are more bugs fixed, and errors that remain unresolved in my requests.

Files: