Harmonic Analysis - page 148

RyuShin:
I don't know how your MT4 shows the chart but mine shows DT like in the pic below. Hence A of the bat and C of the cypher would be different on my chart.

Correct, measuring it there is a 0.6 pip (6 point) difference, if we stick to that why would be different HH for the two patterns?

lobogabor:
Correct, measuring it there is a 0.6 pip (6 point) difference, if we stick to that why would be different HH for the two patterns?

My question is do you always take HL and draw a pattern if there's like 0.1-1.0pips between HH and HL?

RyuShin:
My question is do you always take HL and draw a pattern if there's like 0.1-1.0pips between HH and HL?

If I do understand you correctly...yes my eyes are not that good, however in this case I was suspecting there was a bit longer wick in the green background .

Do you think that makes a difference if less than 1 pip wick?

One can easily make a few point mistake when drawing fibs.

Any indi would have a deviaton built into it as well...

But back to the question, do you think it is relevant/essential? Would it have been in this case?

For example, here are the two previous peaks, and the 3rd one was a HH-HC, I would not have noticed the HC if I did not switch to lower TF.

I understand it is important for entry, but do you think it is really important for a pattern ABC after the fact?

The other question, which is really important for selling a DT/TT ... would you skip entry due to the HH-HC situation in this case? (I would guess yes, however there is divergence with it, but I am asking it for my education).

Files:

lobogabor:
If I do understand you correctly...yes my eyes are not that good, however in this case I was suspecting there was a bit longer wick in the green background . Do you think that makes a difference if less than 1 pip wick? One can easily make a few point mistake when drawing fibs. Any indi would have a deviaton built into it as well... But back to the question, do you think it is relevant/essential? Would it have been in this case?

I don't know if it's relevant or essential. All I know is that's not what I do because XABCD of patterns should take swing high and swing low, i.e. they should not miss swing high/low. It'd be just 0.1-1.0 pips different but still it would be vague to me. Again, it's just me. If it works for you, that's what you do.

RyuShin:
I don't know if it's relevant or essential. All I know is that's not what I do because XABCD of patterns should take swing high and swing low, i.e. they should not miss swing high/low. It'd be just 0.1-1.0 pips different but still it would be vague to me. Again, it's just me. If it works for you, that's what you do.

Thanks, any feedback is appreciated, especially if I can learn from it. In this case I was suspicious, but not detailed to go after it, since I thought it would not really affect the PRZ... but I may be wrong. Accuracy does not hurt for sure, that is the only thing depending on us. Tnx.

lobogabor:
For example, here are the two previous peaks, and the 3rd one was a HH-HC, I would not have noticed the HC if I did not switch to lower TF. I understand it is important for entry, but do you think it is really important for a pattern ABC after the fact? The other question, which is really important for selling a DT/TT ... would you skip entry due to the HH-HC situation in this case? (I would guess yes, however there is divergence with it, but I am asking it for my education).

If you do structure based trading, you have to really understand the market structure. I don't do structure based trading per se. What comes to my mind is harmonic pattern and then structure. I don't trade on 1m and 5m because it's too noisy for me. Anyways in that case, I would take an entry if I see DT, divergence and Demark 9 or 13. BUT you know there's a potential bearish gartley awaiting right above so why bother? I would wait for it to complete instead of opening a position before it. It's totally fine even if price goes different direction before the gartley completes because NZDUSD is not the only pair I trade.

lobogabor:
Thanks, any feedback is appreciated, especially if I can learn from it. In this case I was suspicious, but not detailed to go after it, since I thought it would not really affect the PRZ... but I may be wrong. Accuracy does not hurt for sure, that is the only thing depending on us. Tnx.

You really don't know if it'd actually affect your PRZ unless you try. Don't be afraid to take upon any strategy you have. Test it on demo and if you get positive results, that's the way to go. Don't be too suspicious because you'd be too afraid to trade. You'll never know how accurate it is for you unless you try. I know you don't wanna lose but you should lose to learn and make yourself better.

RyuShin:
GBPUSD 1h - Potential bearish bat and cypher.

Potential bullish cypher added. You can see RSX divergence. It was safe for me to enter agg C.

Files:
gbpusdh1_1.png  58 kb

EURGBP 1h - Potential bullish cypher.

Files:
eurgbpdaily.png  55 kb