Metatrader 5 coding questions / issues - page 5

Arecibo:
My apologies if this is not the correct place to post this but I'm looking for a reputable coder in MT5 to convert an indicator and create an EA based on the indicator. This is of course paid work. Could someone point me in the right direction please. Many thanks

Take a look here

Dear Mladen,

is there a chance to have the price and time of a point of intersection between 2 lines?

dr.house7:
Dear Mladen, is there a chance to have the price and time of a point of intersection between 2 lines?

If the lines are coded as linear regression (in regular buffers) yes.

But if it is a linear regression then the rules for it are quite different then for trend line objects (startinf from the fact that they have to be defined in parameters)

Otherwise it would need to have a bit more complicated coding to do that (working with object regrading things that are normal for buffers, is anything but simple)

dear Mladen,

why sometime the " NormalizeDouble (...,2); " doesn't work? Why occasionally gives me as result more than 2 decimal?

dr.house7:
dear Mladen, why sometime the " NormalizeDouble (...,2); " doesn't work? Why occasionally gives me as result more than 2 decimal?

Are those decimals different than 0?

If they are 0, then it is working OK. If not, then we have another case of a bug in metatrader 5

mladen:
Are those decimals different than 0? If they are 0, then it is working OK. If not, then we have another case of a bug in metatrader 5

No, are different from 0

dr.house7:
No, are different from 0

Then it is a bug

mladen:
Then it is a bug

well to be precise, decimal numbers are always the same, here's how the function performs:

the correct one

after some ticks it gives me 68.5699999999999999

after some other ticks it gives me 69.43000000000000001

Files:
1_1.png  1 kb
2_1.png  1 kb
3.png  1 kb

dr.house7:
well to be precise, decimal numbers are always the same, here's how the function performs:

the correct one

after some ticks it gives me 68.5699999999999999

after some other ticks it gives me 69.43000000000000001

Does not matter. NormalizeDouble(....,2) should always return zeroes after the second decimal

I send a message to the report desk, we'll see