Renko ballsproof - page 2

hermes:
OK,

Local EST (NY) time: 3:16 pm

Market Watch time : 22:16 pm

_test.mq4 time: 22:16 pm

Hermes

Then your renko generating code is working as it should. The problem is then elsewhere

I am happy to hear that...

Cheers Hermes

hermes:
I am happy to hear that... Cheers Hermes

Now you can continue your EAs testing

I got today in email FXDD announcement about new build 500.

New FXDD MetaTrader 4 Platform Build 500

DRAG AND DROP TRADE LEVELS

The drag and drop feature allows you to reposition your stop loss and take profit orders directly from the charts.

ONE-CLICK TRADING

When one click trading mode is enabled, the trading dialog is closed right after a successful operation. In case of an error, the dialog box displays its cause. Additionally, clients can now close their opened positions using this one-click trading feature.

That's a help.

Mladen

I have EAs which make nice Renko boxes offline but any EA which would open and close trades. I have to trade the box changes manually what is pain in neck and lower.

Could you create an EA which would trade the offline boxes independent?

That's what I am looking for. EA which opens trade after 2 of the same color boxes and close a trade after one color box change and wait again for 2 of the same color boxes to open a new trade.

Cheers Hermes

what "ballsproof" means?

Pava:
what "ballsproof" means?

That you will need it to trade it, I think...

trade balls?

fxnewbie:
That you will need it to trade it, I think...

hermes:
Hi guys,

I have a successful system which has one problem - entry and exit orders! How can we improve that? More heads more wisdom.

The strategy is Renko boxes 10 pips on USDJPY (works best on that pair and box size).

Entry: after 2 completed boxes of the same color (red/green).

Exit: after first (1) complete change of box color (red/green).

Example:

RED GREEN (boxes)

------------------------

X

X

-------------------

X open sell (2 boxes)

X sell

X sell

X sell

----------------

Xclose sell (1 box)

Xopen buy (2)

X buy

--------------------

X close buy (1)

X

--------------------

X open buy (2)

--------------------

X close buy (1)

--------------------

X open sell (2)

X sell

X sell

X sell

X sell

X sell

X sell

--------------------

Xclose sell (1)

--------------------

X open buy (2)

Xbuy and so on...

The problem is a market order! It steals money at entries and at exits. We need quicker entries and exits. Does ECN has slippage free or affordable entries and exits? I have no experience with ECN.

Thanks Hermes

P.S.This platform doesn't let me put X under green, therefore I had to separate X buy boxes from sell boxes by BOLD.

Hi Hermes, If your planning to make an ea of this, for example open after 20pips (1st bear candle) + 10 pips (second bear candle) = 30 pips then sell and vice versa buy.

I think you don't really need a renko chart for this, you could perhaps work on a grid type Ea that will follow these rules and simply apply it on a 1min chart.

For example: usd/jpy 102.50 and so an entry pending stop sell when usd/jpy is at 102.20

Exit stoploss if usd/jpy is at 102.40 again and when usd/jpy advanced to 102.10, maybe move SL to breakeven and every 10 pips more in gain, have the stoploss jump +10 pips to lock profit?

maybe this will be useful if you want to try generic mechanical EA for 10 pip renko on usd/jpy with your rules?

Best Regards,

Nims

mr_nims

I already use grid on offline Renko boxes just for visual reference but Grid EA could be a help. I saw somewhere Grid EA which traded the grids automatically.

I do also manual Renko boxes but it is time taking (see picture). The problem with manual grid made Renko boxes is that a new box starts only if the price breaks through a new grid line.

Pava

What, you don't have a balls? Then you are Natasha.

You need a balls to trade Forex because Wall Street is Zombie financial.

You are bulletproof and I am ballsproof who is better of at Forex?

Cheers Hermes

Files:

hermes:
mr_nims

I already use grid on offline Renko boxes just for visual reference but Grid EA could be a help. I saw somewhere Grid EA which traded the grids automatically.

I do also manual Renko boxes but it is time taking (see picture). The problem with manual grid made Renko boxes is that a new box starts only if the price breaks through a new grid line.

Pava

What, you don't have a balls? Then you are Natasha.

You need a balls to trade Forex because Wall Street is Zombie financial.

You are bulletproof and I am ballsproof who is better of at Forex?

Cheers Hermes

Could you please share your template ? Will be easier to follow what you mean with this thread. Thanks.