NRTR Ichi Trading System - page 12

ValeoFX:
======================

Hello MrTools,

Well I have interpreted that by choosing "true" that it meant at the close of the NRTR otherwise why even bother having it as an option. I can only imagine what will happen now that I have changed it - entries may just be all over the place as I cannot see how this could improve the placing of a trade which is really and honestly, haphazard! There is no consistency whatsoever and what is good for say the $NZD is not good for E/J etc.

It has become a damp squid for me where I was truly so excited when I manually traded the concept.

Regards,

Hello ValeoFX,

Wow another thumbs down, think I'm working on a record in this thread

If you use NRTRClose=true option, it means that the Ea should close at a change of NRTR signal it has nothing to do with entry, only exit. The original EA was using Ichimoku as an exit option that was all.The setting of 1 for nrtrbar means the entry bar if it is set to 1 then the Ea should trade once that bar is closed. You have also a psarbar,rsibar,and ichibar all are entry bar.Also if you use the NRTRClose option you can also change the settings to better suit your Ea closing needs.

mrtools:
Hello ValeoFX,

Wow another thumbs down, think I'm working on a record in this thread

If you use NRTRClose=true option, it means that the Ea should close at a change of NRTR signal it has nothing to do with entry, only exit. The original EA was using Ichimoku as an exit option that was all.The setting of 1 for nrtrbar means the entry bar if it is set to 1 then the Ea should trade once that bar is closed. You have also a psarbar,rsibar,and ichibar all are entry bar.Also if you use the NRTRClose option you can also change the settings to better suit your Ea closing needs.

===============

Hello MrTools,

Well this time you got a smile for your comment only - the EA had a "torrid" time since yesterday afternoon my time, when I made the changes. Just as my logic suggested.

I have made one more adjustment now this morning and will see if that would make any difference. After that, I am afraid to say, it will be the day of the "long knives" for this EA which will then have confirmed for me at least, that EAs don't work.

I simply don't "get it" that it has a correct entry for one currency only to make a complete hash up of the next currency - that goes beyond my wildest expectations.

Maybe if we had a "manual" with your thinking written out for us, we could try and understand the logic that you are following and in that way we can possibly even make informed suggestions to you, but at present I for one, am flying blind and make changes based on whatever you suggest even when it flies in the face of my logic.

Regards,

Think its time to put a "three knife" , or a "fork"in it,its done. as I like to say, especially with all those all over the place entries. Since Ea's don't work will be scary to think what would happen when it does work

Wishing you the best ValeoFX!!!!!!

Files:

mrtools:
Think its time to put a "three knife" , or a "fork"in it,its done. as I like to say, especially with all those all over the place entries. Since Ea's don't work will be scary to think what would happen when it does work Wishing you the best ValeoFX!!!!!!

=====================================

Well I don't know whether the wishes are also with forked knife, but which ever way it is, I accept it with gratitude.

You only show 2 currencies and as I have not run my EA on GBP/JPY, I cannot comment on the accuracy of yours. As I mentioned before, you have coded the EA with your logic which were not made clear to us, rather in bits and pieces as we have asked during the development. I also noticed that you did not show your indicators on your screen-print, so I have no idea what you have running and what settings you are running.

I have asked you for your template which you never sent and even better would have been your preset as I posted mine in order for you to see what mine was set at.

I thought we were all in it to develop the EA into a successful EA, but from this post of yours, I now doubt that my assumption was correct.

Sadly, if you cannot get it to work on all currencies, it remains a dead duck IMHO.

Best regards,

ValeoFX:
=====================================

Well I don't know whether the wishes are also with forked knife, but which ever way it is, I accept it with gratitude.

You only show 2 currencies and as I have not run my EA on GBP/JPY, I cannot comment on the accuracy of yours. As I mentioned before, you have coded the EA with your logic which were not made clear to us, rather in bits and pieces as we have asked during the development. I also noticed that you did not show your indicators on your screen-print, so I have no idea what you have running and what settings you are running.

I have asked you for your template which you never sent and even better would have been your preset as I posted mine in order for you to see what mine was set at.

I thought we were all in it to develop the EA into a successful EA, but from this post of yours, I now doubt that my assumption was correct.

Sadly, if you cannot get it to work on all currencies, it remains a dead duck IMHO.

Best regards,

Template and preset are the same posted by Newdigital on page 4.

There is no Ea to my knowledge that works on all pairs, but would imagine with all the testing that has gone on i know Scalp Net good on eurusd,mandarine good for most of the currencies that use gbp,ETC,ETC,AND ETC.I guess all these then are dead ducks also IYHO.

mrtools:
Template and preset are the same posted by Newdigital on page 4. There is no Ea to my knowledge that works on all pairs, but would imagine with all the testing that has gone on i know Scalp Net good on eurusd,mandarine good for most of the currencies that use gbp,ETC,ETC,AND ETC.I guess all these then are dead ducks also IYHO.

============================

I am sad to say, but sarcasm does not become you.

ValeoFX:
============================ I am sad to say, but sarcasm does not become you.

No sarcasm meant at all, a person can make a very good living off a EA or for that manner manually trading if they master that currency pair that is not sarcasm its a known fact. A lot of the Ea's here in the elite section are good for 1 or 2 pairs only, if used correctly and for their respective pairs they do well on, who knows the outcome, my guess would be very good, and not dead ducks.

mrtools:
No sarcasm meant at all, a person can make a very good living off a EA or for that manner manually trading if they master that currency pair that is not sarcasm its a known fact. A lot of the Ea's here in the elite section are good for 1 or 2 pairs only, if used correctly and for their respective pairs they do well on, who knows the outcome, my guess would be very good, and not dead ducks.

===================

Good morning MrTools,

May I then suggest that you send me your version of the EA (see post#106 ) which you said you were "running" but have not released yet together with your preset so that I can implement it? That will take away all ambiguities and unnecessary "comments" between us. Please?

If you prefer the Rsi regular then will put that in the regular code and maybe make the Psar, the add on and trash the other Rsi, seems when i put more than one add on the Ea doesn't recognize it.[/COLOR]

Enjoy your weekend in spite of me.

ValeoFX:
===================

Good morning MrTools,

May I then suggest that you send me your version of the EA (see post#106 ) which you said you were "running" but have not released yet together with your preset so that I can implement it? That will take away all ambiguities and unnecessary "comments" between us. Please?

If you prefer the Rsi regular then will put that in the regular code and maybe make the Psar, the add on and trash the other Rsi, seems when i put more than one add on the Ea doesn't recognize it.[/COLOR]

Enjoy your weekend in spite of me.

The Ea you suggested i release, it was using the "useNRTRClose", it has been scrapped, may I suggest to you is go back to where the original Ea was released and use that version, because the Ea was profitable before the other unnecessary indicators were added.

Good Day to you!

mrtools:
Hi David,

If i remember correctly the default setting was a take profit of 12 pips, the Ea should have closed the trades by now, when you get a chance could you verify your settings.

Thanks.

Hi Mrtools,

Yes my setting for take profit is 12pips. However, the tp didn't kick in. Unfortunately, my demo account was just disabled on Friday. It looks now the demo account with FXCM is only good for 3 month.

Regards