NRTR Ichi Trading System - page 13

pooh123:
Hi Mrtools,

Yes my setting for take profit is 12pips. However, the tp didn't kick in. Unfortunately, my demo account was just disabled on Friday. It looks now the demo account with FXCM is only good for 3 month.

Regards

Hello Pooh,

Will be going over version1 and try to figure out what was the problem.

Thanks

ps) Pooh think i found what was causing the problem had modified the versions after this one but somehow missed this one. Wasn't using normalize double in the buy and sell take profit and stop loss, so my guess in your case is since the take profit didn't normalize correctly, it followed the code I had and entered at zero.Anyway this version should work how it is supposed to.

Files:

mrtools:
The Ea you suggested i release, it was using the "useNRTRClose", it has been scrapped, may I suggest to you is go back to where the original Ea was released and use that version, because the Ea was profitable before the other unnecessary indicators were added. Good Day to you!

====================

Good morning MrTools,

Thank you for your reply, but most importantly for editing it. I have the original in my inbox.

It seems that it is not just me who is experiencing problems with your EAs? I notice David is having similar problems and that you posted an update for him, but you steadfastly refuse to send me an update, even although you claim the following in your original post here .........

---Quote---

about the Ea the reg rsi strategy is working now far as i can tell but think may have found something more important, the Ea took 2 sells on 1 minute EurJpy today the first one went to take profit, the second was where i found something that may make a difference. It seems the nrtr color line is very jittery especially on 1 minute timeframe, just so happened i had the nrtr atr stop alongside to watch well the color line version gave a sell, along with the rsi and psar, but the nrtr atr stop held its ground impressively especially since the short term move was more up than down, and IMHO would have stopped a lot of drawdown, anyway changed to that version of Nrtr, and also an option to close on nrtr color change, again let me make sure it trades before posting.

---End Quote---

Now, why can't we get this thing to work properly when you see that I am not just being difficult - I have legitimate complaints and you find the faults, but yet you refuse to send me an update?

The concept proposed by ND is a good one, but the EA is not doing what it should be doing.

I have looked at David's update and see that you still use 60 pip stops for a 12 pip gain? Money management? I am running it today and if you are not prepared to let me have an update as you mentioned above, I will "can" the EA as a waste of precious time and effort on both our behalves.

Best regards,

An update

This EA is running as you posted it, MrTools.

The full compliment of open trades.....

Good morning MrTools,

As I am about to close my charts for today, here are the trades still running on the EA as I mentioned above.

Wishing you a successful 2013.

Sincerely,

mrtools:
Hello Pooh,

Thanks

ps) Pooh think i found what was causing the problem had modified the versions after this one but somehow missed this one. Wasn't using normalize double in the buy and sell take profit and stop loss, so my guess in your case is since the take profit didn't normalize correctly, it followed the code I had and entered at zero.Anyway this version should work how it is supposed to.

Thank you Mrtools for the updated version. I'll try it.

mrtools:
Hello Pooh,

Thanks

Hi MrTools,

I backtested and forwardtested the v1a version. It works properly in back testing and forward testing with the setting EcnBroker=false. However, if you set EcnBroker=true, it only works properly in back testing. In forward testing, if you set EcnBroker=true, the order placed doesn't have its tp and sl added after the order is placed. It looks that ordermodify doesn't work properly. I looked into the codes but still have no clude. Can you please take a look ?

Thanks,

pooh

pooh123:
Hi MrTools,

I backtested and forwardtested the v1a version. It works properly in back testing and forward testing with the setting EcnBroker=false. However, if you set EcnBroker=true, it only works properly in back testing. In forward testing, if you set EcnBroker=true, the order placed doesn't have its tp and sl added after the order is placed. It looks that ordermodify doesn't work properly. I looked into the codes but still have no clude. Can you please take a look ?

Thanks,

pooh

Hi Pooh,

Will forward test it next couple days, code wise can't find the problem but will see if the alerts will help me determine what the problem is.

mrtools:
Hi Pooh, Will forward test it next couple days, code wise can't find the problem but will see if the alerts will help me determine what the problem is.

Didn't take long have a demo with IC Market last I remember they were an ECN Broker anyway the EA opened a buy and modified it. Pooh which broker are you using it on? Is it still FXCM?

Files:

mrtools:
Didn't take long have a demo with IC Market last I remember they were an ECN Broker anyway the EA opened a buy and modified it. Pooh which broker are you using it on? Is it still FXCM?

Yes, I'm still using FXCM.

pooh123:
Yes, I'm still using FXCM.

Pooh just for information, made a new version using a better EA template, just making sure some things working correctly on forward testing then will post it, hopefully it will fix the problem you are having with it.