NRTR Ichi Trading System - page 10

Alert printing time +1 hr

MrTools,

The Alert prints time @ +1 hr and when I looked into the programming on Line668, I noticed you using Min Hr = 24 and Min Min = 59. Should that not be 23 for hrs? As in 23h59 or am I way off track now?

Also, what is the meaning of "Decrease factor = 3" ? It has never been discussed and I would like to understand what that means, plse?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

ValeoFX:
MrTools,

The Alert prints time @ +1 hr and when I looked into the programming on Line668, I noticed you using Min Hr = 24 and Min Min = 59. Should that not be 23 for hrs? As in 23h59 or am I way off track now?

Also, what is the meaning of "Decrease factor = 3" ? It has never been discussed and I would like to understand what that means, plse?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

The alert in the Ea is off by default settings if true it will only give alerts pertaining to stuff like the trailing stop not modifying,stop loss wrong, no connection to server, etc. again it has nothing to do with the actual lining up of the indicators for a buy or sell it is completely separate from that, the alert you keep showing is from the Nrtr Stop, not the Ea.

The Min Hr = 24 amd Min Minute = 59 is part of the time normalize function used in the Time filter, know it works well but don't know enough to explain it very clearly.Sorry!

The Decrease factor is a money management safety feature, if the Ea goes on a loosing streak if it is set at 3 then after 3 losses the 4th trade will open with your smallest lot size allowed by your broker.

Thanks MrTools

Many thanks for the explanations.

I thought as much regarding the signals being for NRTR, but seeing that we are filtering it with Psar, I thought that might be the alert, but I will now check it more intensely. It still ignored the Psar.

It may be that you and I are using different names for different things, so I will explain myself better in future so that you get to understand what I am trying to convey to you. Sorry for any confusion this far.

I am signing out until about your midnight. Have a pleasant day.

Best regards,

ValeoFX:
Many thanks for the explanations.

I thought as much regarding the signals being for NRTR, but seeing that we are filtering it with Psar, I thought that might be the alert, but I will now check it more intensely. It still ignored the Psar.

It may be that you and I are using different names for different things, so I will explain myself better in future so that you get to understand what I am trying to convey to you. Sorry for any confusion this far.

I am signing out until about your midnight. Have a pleasant day.

Best regards,

ValeoFX, don't worry about the confusion probably more times than not its because i don't explain things very well sometimes.

About the Ea the reg rsi strategy is working now far as i can tell but think may have found something more important, the Ea took 2 sells on 1 minute EurJpy today the first one went to take profit, the second was where i found something that may make a difference. It seems the nrtr color line is very jittery especially on 1 minute timeframe, just so happened i had the nrtr atr stop alongside to watch well the color line version gave a sell, along with the rsi and psar, but the nrtr atr stop held its ground impressively especially since the short term move was more up than down, and IMHO would have stopped a lot of drawdown, anyway changed to that version of Nrtr, and also an option to close on nrtr color change, again let me make sure it trades before posting.

ps) this chart picture should explain what i am saying you will see everything giving a sell except the nrtr atr stop.

Files:
its_alive.gif  24 kb

Good evening MrTools...

mrtools:
ValeoFX, don't worry about the confusion probably more times than not its because i don't explain things very well sometimes.

About the Ea the reg rsi strategy is working now far as i can tell but think may have found something more important, the Ea took 2 sells on 1 minute EurJpy today the first one went to take profit, the second was where i found something that may make a difference. It seems the nrtr color line is very jittery especially on 1 minute timeframe, just so happened i had the nrtr atr stop alongside to watch well the color line version gave a sell, along with the rsi and psar, but the nrtr atr stop held its ground impressively especially since the short term move was more up than down, and IMHO would have stopped a lot of drawdown, anyway changed to that version of Nrtr, and also an option to close on nrtr color change, again let me make sure it trades before posting.

ps) this chart picture should explain what i am saying you will see everything giving a sell except the nrtr atr stop.

==========================

Good evening MrTools,

Thank you for the explanation and the picture. I understand what you are saying. By the looks of it, the Aqua NRTR is MTF and probably set one TF up i.e. M5? Looks impressive indeed.

My EA had 2 trades during the night, one of which hit TP @ 50 pips. The 2nd one made +17 pips. The Trailing Stop is impressive!

I am anxious to see the upgrades, but now you need some sleep too.

Have good sleep.

Any news yet?

Good morning MrTools,

Any news on the progress of the latest development, plse?

Pointless in me running the existing one any further.

Best regards,

ValeoFX:
Good morning MrTools,

Any news on the progress of the latest development, plse?

Pointless in me running the existing one any further.

Best regards,

Good morning ValeoFX,

Seems to be working fine 3 wins 1 loss, all is the same except should be hopefully working as it supposed to, by default have the settings with psar = true,use rsi = false,use regular rsi = true, and using the new nrtr atr stop, need to replace nrtr color line in your experts/indicators folder, with the nrtr atr stop.

Also replaced the close on ichimoku cross now using NRTR close it is set to false by default,and hasn't been tested yet.

Much appreciated

mrtools:
Good morning ValeoFX,

Seems to be working fine 3 wins 1 loss, all is the same except should be hopefully working as it supposed to, by default have the settings with psar = true,use rsi = false,use regular rsi = true, and using the new nrtr atr stop, need to replace nrtr color line in your experts/indicators folder, with the nrtr atr stop.

Also replaced the close on ichimoku cross now using NRTR close it is set to false by default,and hasn't been tested yet.

===============

Hello MrTools,

Thanking you most sincerely. Much appreciate the time you are putting into this development.

Have a good sleep, you are burning the midnight oil again.

Best regards,

Favour plse

MrTools, when you surface again, plse do me a favour and send me your template to my private e-mail address which I am sure you still have.

I am now running the latest EA-1.13 on 6 currencies and already it is not taking trades that it should. I just want to check that my understanding is in line with yours.

Thanks,

An example

Good morning MrTools,

Here is an example of an incorrect entry on the CAD/USD when the RSi-14 was >70-level.

I also want to ask you to add an option whereby I can choose to use PT when the RSi hits either 70 / 30 levels in a trade, because it mostly turns the trade.

We also need to discuss the "re-activation" of the EA (or switching "ON") after closed manually and/or otherwise, plse.

Looking forward to hearing from you once you are up and about, plse.

Rgerads,