Automated Trading Championship 2012 Has Started! - page 4

Wast majority of those should actually be added to "avoid" list. Maximal risk, and a hope that they will survive. Nothing to do with "real life" trading

Alexander_Pope:
Guys do you follow the championship? I'm wondering if these experts could be used for successful trading apart from the competition... what do you think? Do you find these strategies useful?

Championship's Sixth Week Minutes

The Championship is moving forward and it is time to deliver the new statistical report on the sixth week of the Automated Trading Championship 2012. Many traders believe that stability is a critical element of trading. But how can it be achieved if the market is so unpredictable sometimes? EURUSD pair, which was the lead "character" of our previous publication, has become the main "loss maker" by the end of this week of the Championship!

Here you will know about the distribution of the number of deals, profits and losses at each currency pair, as well as the average result of each trading deal.

The full text of the news can be found on the Championship's website - Championship's Sixth Week Minutes.

techmac:
Maximal risk, and a hope that they will survive.

I think you've just described the biggest part of traders on the "real" market thanks for your advice !

shkata:
I just google that and found that ForexZig com follows the championship in a very interesting way. It provides deep analysis of the strategy of the leading players and restores the logic of experts in Mql4 code, which is still much more popular than Mql5 – this is good for us. Up to now, experts by players on the first and the second place have been observed.

Are these analysis really reliable? Do they follow other strategies?

Should check this up

Actually that would be a description of "real life gambling" Trading is something else, but that is another subject (nothing to do with "trading contests")

Alexander_Pope:
I think you've just described the biggest part of traders on the "real" market thanks for your advice !

Statistical Report #1

Let's sum up the results of the first month of the Automated Trading Championship 2012 and compare them with previous years' ones. Trading robots of 451 Participants have been accepted for the competition. About 40% of them have profit as of November 1, 2012. There have been no disqualifications but not all accepted Expert Advisors traded during the first month from October 1 to 31.

In this report, we will often make comparisons with the data of the similar report of 2011. Therefore, we recommend you to read it as well. Perhaps, most conclusions and data will become clearer if compared with previous years' results.

Read the full article on the Championship's website - Statistical Report #1.

Automated Trading Championship 2012: Seventh Week - Midpoint Passed

The midpoint has been passed and the seventh week opens the second half of the Automated Trading Championship 2012. It is not the first time that we start our weekly report stating the undisputed leadership of JPAlonso (USA) - Juan Pablo Alonso Escobar. During the last week, his trading robot has increased its balance by $4 000 making the total profit of $78 000.

Other important events are as follows. honzour (Czech Republic) has entered TOP-3 rising from the ninth up to the third place within one week and outrunning 26405 and ROMAN5. His Expert Advisor is already close on the heels of FIFO whose trading robot is coming second at the moment. The gap between them is only $800 wide.

The full text of the news can be found on the Championship's website - Seventh Week - Midpoint Passed.

Automated Trading Championship 2012: Championship's Seventh Week Minutes

Is it possible that various currency pairs are traded differently while their rates are moving in a similar way within a week? Read our statistical report on the seventh week of the Automated Trading Championship 2012 and you will see that it is actually possible! Besides, we should mention the "lead character" of the week - GBPJPY pair.

Here you will know about the distribution of the number of deals, profits and losses at each currency pair, as well as the average result of each trading deal.

The full text of the news can be found on the Championship's website - Championship's Seventh Week Minutes.

Eighth Week, 100K Level Still Not Reached

Eight weeks have passed since the beginning of the Championship, the resistance level of $100,000 is still unreachable, and the battle for TOP-10 places is getting hot. JPAlonso from the U.S. is still the leader of the race. We will release an interview with this trader in the upcoming days.

The most notable loss - Expert Advisor of ROMAN5 that took leadership in the second week and for a long time showed excellent results, this time detected wrong direction of entering the market and now due to a huge drawdown has been supplanted by other participants out of the top twenty. "...the market tends to be very unpredictable" - said Anton Nel in his interview and unfortunately for him this is sad but true.

Trading robots of FIFO (Belarus) and 26405 (Russia) continue to share the second and third places respectively. Expert Advisor of honzour from Czech Republic having shot ahead the previous week now is falling one place back because of the heavy unfixed loss.

Read the full article on the Championship's website Eighth Week, 100K Level Still Not Reached.

Interview with Juan Pablo Alonso Escobar (JPAlonso)

"Everyone who is struggling with programming and who were not able to participate in this year's competition, know that it becomes a lot easier in time", said Juan Pablo Alonso Escobar (JPAlonso), the hero of today's interview. Starting from the third week his trading robot has a leading position at the Automated Trading Championship 2012, attracting public attention and causing a heated discussion.

Hello Juan. Please tell us a little about yourself and your trading experience.

I was born in Mexico, obtained my bachelor’s degree in Canada, and currently reside in the USA. I worked for a few years as an equity trader for a Canadian proprietary investment group, where I developed and monitored automated and semi-automated analysis and execution systems. I am currently completing a Masters in Financial Engineering program at Baruch College in New York, and I plan to continue working on algorithmic trading after graduation.

You have participated in Automated Trading Championships 5 times starting from 2007 so far. And each year you've got better and better from 520th place in 2007 up to 1st (so far) this year. In your personal opinion, does this progress at ATCs reflect your own progress as a developer?

When I prepared to participate in the first championship it took me days of sweat and tears just to get a working EA, let alone one that could make money. Now, the technical details of implementation are a lot easier to deal with, and I can focus on making the algorithms stronger and more profitable. Everyone who is struggling with programming and who were not able to participate in this year's competition, know that it becomes a lot easier in time.

The full text of the news can be found at the Championship's website - Interview with Juan Pablo Alonso Escobar (JPAlonso).