Metatrader known bugs ... - page 102

Anyway, I am still not able to use the 851 - 858 builds because CopyRates function kills the terminal application.

The last one that worked was 845.

Ovo:
Anyway, I am still not able to use the 851 - 858 builds because CopyRates function kills the terminal application. The last one that worked was 845.

It seems that it depends on server or where did the terminal came from

Tested this code :

#property indicator_chart_window

#property indicator_buffers 0

int init() { return(0); }

int start()

{

MqlRates testRates[]; CopyRates(NULL,0,0,Bars,testRates);

Comment(testRates.close);

return(0);

}

And it works (build 858) on my terminal. So we are having the worst kind of error : that on some terminals works and on others does not. Same old, same old when it comes from mt

All the last builds are completely unreliable

If something works now will not work tomorrow - completely random errors happen

Difficult to learn coding this way. I never know if it is my mistake or a bug

apprentice coder:
Difficult to learn coding this way. I never know if it is my mistake or a bug

Avoid the newest builds. Always give it some time before you shit to new build (when it is certified that the number of bugs is less or at least that they are known)

mladen:
Avoid the newest builds. Always give it some time before you shit to new build (when it is certified that the number of bugs is less or at least that they are known)

How to do that, sometimes you surprise that it is already updated.

Is there any way to prevent the auto-ubdate?

talaate:
How to do that, sometimes you surprise that it is already updated. Is there any way to prevent the auto-ubdate?

Talaat E

Make a shortcut to the terminal.exe and add /skipupdate to the command line - that way it will never try to update

mladen:
Talaat E Make a shortcut to the terminal.exe and add /skipupdate to the command line - that way it will never try to update

Thank you boss, you are really the boss

They are deleting posts they do not like about build 865

Very "nice"

mladen:
It seems that it depends on server or where did the terminal came from

Tested this code :

#property indicator_chart_window

#property indicator_buffers 0

int init() { return(0); }

int start()

{

MqlRates testRates[]; CopyRates(NULL,0,0,Bars,testRates);

Comment(testRates.close);

return(0);

}
And it works (build 858) on my terminal. So we are having the worst kind of error : that on some terminals works and on others does not. Same old, same old when it comes from mt

I did not test it properly, as I am waiting if any new build cures the fault. I do not want to waste time as a volunteer tester unless necessary.

Builds 851+ get killed with any broker on my computer, live or demo.

The code is close to yours, just accessing other timeframe (not the current one)

CopyRates("EURUSD",10080,0,1075, testRates)

It is the last line in my log before the terminal disappears.