No "magic" in the name I am disappointed

Guess you would go and ask some shares from them

mladen:
No "magic" in the name I am disappointed

Magic ! Amazing ! Just discovered !

Files:
magic.jpg  127 kb

Mladen,

Got a question here: can you calculate out how many points there is, before the TMA changes its color? I mean on the last bar.

For example, the price is 100 and the TMA is at 95, then if the price falls quickly (in the same bar) to 80, will the TMA changes its color?

wccmcd:
Mladen,

Got a question here: can you calculate out how many points there is, before the TMA changes its color? I mean on the last bar.

For example, the price is 100 and the TMA is at 95, then if the price falls quickly (in the same bar) to 80, will the TMA changes its color?

wccmcd

Never tried

mladen:
wccmcd Never tried

Maybe when price reaches the TMA's previous turning point? take a look at the picture. the blue TMA is changing its color, while the price is about reaching the blue TMA's privious low.

Interesting it not changing color from the last bar though.

Files:
222.png  11 kb

wccmcd:
Maybe when price reaches the TMA's previous turning point? take a look at the picture. the blue TMA is changing its color, while the price is about reaching the blue TMA's privious low.

Interesting it not changing color from the last bar though.

wccmcd

No, the way it is calculated, the slope will not change color when the price reaches previous turning point. It can not be calculated that way

Ok. Anyway I found TMA is a super interesting indicator, especially after I read Hurst's book.

mladen:
wccmcd No, the way it is calculated, the slope will not change color when the price reaches previous turning point. It can not be calculated that way

wccmcd:
Ok. Anyway I found TMA is a super interesting indicator, especially after I read Hurst's book.

That is the step that most skip, and then they wonder why they can't they trade the TMA. Also, Brian Millard's book (Channels & Cycles: A Tribute to J. M. Hurst) is a very good one and maybe explains even better how to use centered TMA

Yes I have both of them

In Hurst's book he shifted two moving averages and then extrapolated them to get a cross and then predicting the prive move. I assume you have read the book too and not sure if you understand him on the little part -- see the picture.

To me, your TMA is just like a ready-to-use shifted MA: shifted, and extrapolated. But, how did Hurst "smoothed" that full span moving average?

mladen:
:) That is the step that most skip, and then they wonder why they can't they trade the TMA. Also, Brian Millard's book (Channels & Cycles: A Tribute to J. M. Hurst) is a very good one and maybe explains even better how to use centered TMA
Files:
112.png  80 kb

wccmcd:
Yes I have both of them

In Hurst's book he shifted two moving averages and then extrapolated them to get a cross and then predicting the prive move. I assume you have read the book too and not sure if you understand him on the little part -- see the picture.

To me, your TMA is just like a ready-to-use shifted MA: shifted, and extrapolated. But, how did Hurst "smoothed" that full span moving average?

wccmcd

Actually, if I remember correctly, they never explained what kind of extrapolation did they use in their analysis. If we could find out that, then it would be easy to do something like that