Is forex market controlled by someone? - page 6

There is no regulatrory authority which controls the Forex market. I think we can control the Forex market to obey the rules and regulations of this industry by himself.

https://forex-metal.com

(imo) the Forex market is most definitely controlled by some "persons"

the same "persons" that control the Oil Market, the Gold Market, the Bond Market, and ALL the stock markets

the Banking Mafia! and those with the biggest bags of loot

and who controls the Banking Mafia??

(i'll say no more - for obvious reasons)

but loads of good info out there

Google is your friend

Mysterious Algorithm Was 4% of Trading Activity Last Week

A single mysterious computer program that placed orders — and then subsequently canceled them — made up 4 percent of all quote traffic in the U.S. stock market last week, according to the top tracker of high-frequency trading activity. The motive of the algorithm is still unclear.

Mysterious Algorithm Was 4% of Trading Activity Last Week - CNBC.com - US Business News - CNBC

mladen:
A single mysterious computer program that placed orders — and then subsequently canceled them — made up 4 percent of all quote traffic in the U.S. stock market last week, according to the top tracker of high-frequency trading activity. The motive of the algorithm is still unclear. Mysterious Algorithm Was 4% of Trading Activity Last Week - CNBC.com - US Business News - CNBC

Thanks Mladen for posting

Every trader should have must read this...

I think that there will be more and more of things like that. These days everybody can buy a computer good enough for HFT (see this as an example : Cray Unveils Its Smallest Super PC Ever ) the critical is the speed of your net and a contract to your broker(s). If it continues this way (with regulations allowing that kind of "trading" - see the pattern of 200, 400 and 1000 fake orders) sooner or later there will be a real battle of programs out there not traders

secretcode:
Thanks Mladen for posting Every trader should have must read this...

There are market making/order book algos flying around.This was probably an attemp to manipulate these algos.

I have seen some white papers about how to find order book cancellation patterns with markow chain models.Things are

getting more and more complex.HFT is not gold mine.Anything that doesnt work with low frequency trading will not work with HFT.

Forget HFT : I would like that computer

mladen:
I think that there will be more and more of things like that. These days everybody can buy a computer good enough for HFT (see this as an example : Cray Unveils Its Smallest Super PC Ever ) the critical is the speed of your net and a contract to your broker(s). If it continues this way (with regulations allowing that kind of "trading" - see the pattern of 200, 400 and 1000 fake orders) sooner or later there will be a real battle of programs out there not traders

I agree with most of what you say

But if one "user" can generate 4% quote traffic of U.S. stock market (and generating a false liquidity that way too) then the whole thing is opened wide for manipulation. 4% is already significant enough to start to "push" the market in the desired direction in some day periods and then they do not need a low frequency system at all

nevar:
There are market making/order book algos flying around.This was probably an attemp to manipulate these algos.

I have seen some white papers about how to find order book cancellation patterns with markow chain models.Things are

getting more and more complex.HFT is not gold mine.Anything that doesnt work with low frequency trading will not work with HFT.

Evidence of market manipulation in the financial crisis

The document : evidence_of_market_manipulation_in_the_financial_crisis.pdf

Interesting. Quantifying the fraud