"Slider" indicator adjuster

I just finished writing an indicator "slider utility" (for free distribution), so I'm posting it here for anyone to use and test if they think they might find it useful.

I've often thought it would be useful to adjust the parameters of an indicator directly from a visual interface in the chart window, rather than having to keep opening the indicator properties window and manually re-typing the values. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way! After a lot of searching I found nothing similar, so I made one instead.

You can now adjust the parameters of any given indicator using a visual "slider" in the chart window (actually a series of boxes with a moveable token marker, because that was easier).

There are two separate indicators here:

Slider Single:

• For adjusting only 1 variable.
  • Draws up to 200 small boxes horizontally across the chart window, with consecutive integer values of your choice (up to 200).
  • You move the on screen "Marker" into a box to select that value, and the indicator in the separate window automatically updates to incorporate that selected value.
  • The default indicator is the RSI.
  • Slider Multi:

• For adjusting up to 4 variables.
  • Draws 4 rows of small boxes horizontally across the chart window, each row with (separate) consecutive integer values of your choice (up to 50 boxes in each row).
  • Each of the 4 rows correlates to the value of a separate internal variable within the indicator.
  • You move the relevant (colour coded) on screen "Marker" into a box to select that value, and the relevant variable within the code updates to that value.
  • You can place these 4 separate variables within whichever buffers you chose of the indicator, and the buffers will automatically update to include the relevant value.
  • The default indicator is the Stochastic.

The indicator will only update every tick, so you may need to wait a few seconds for changes to take effect.

When no ticks are arriving you can press Alt+C+R to manually refresh.

If you wish to change the indicator buffers simply follow the instructions in the mq4 file.

Feel free to play around with it and improve it however you fancy. I hope someone finds it useful.

Downloads:

slider_single.mq4

slider_multi.mq4

I was searching for this

Hi,I am new to this forum. I was searching for such a slider which provided almost a real time change on the screen without going through the long process of opening the indicator properties and making the required changes. I loaded it, it shows on the screen, but nothing happens when I move the markers. I have used both single and Multi, have waited till next bar appears. Is there something which I am not doing right. I am using MT4, Win 7. The MT4 is in working state.