Can This Grid Breakout EA be modified to trade End of Day?

I came across this grid trading EA called "Sketchy Stoploss Grid Trader"; it uses buy and sell stop orders to trade breakouts. Tip of the hat to jimer013 for first posting this EA on the TSD Forum January 17, 2009 (the thread has since gone dormant).

The PROS:

It is NOT a martingale system.

Backtesting indicates that it is profitable and consistent.

Works best in higher time frames and did well on all the currencies I tested.

(Am in the process of forward testing it on GBPUSD.)

The CONS:

August 1 to September 30, 2011 the ‘tick for tick’ test made 1,051 trades, but the report tracked 31,319 mods and orders. It is SO active you will likely alienate your broker, no matter HOW customer oriented they are, yes?

Using ‘control points’, the same 2 month period made 403 trades and 1619 mods & orders. I'm attaching two tests for the period of August 1 thru Sept 30, one 'every tick' the other using 'control points' so you can see the difference. The tick for tick is too long to include everything, so I've truncated it.

Tzuman taught me that EAs trading at the END of the bar (a signal was received in) generate the same results when either data set (control points or tick for tick) are used in testing.

HERE IS MY QUESTION:

CAN THIS EA BE RE-TOOLED TO PLACE TRADES AT THE END OF THE BAR AND USED ON THE DAILY TIMEFRAME?

If not, I'm OK with that; just part of my learning curve. But if the change is viable, could someone tweak the coding and post it for everyone to use?

Thanks in advance for your help, whichever way the chips fall!!

JJ Johnson

I see nothing sketchy about this, and if it ain't broke...... Their servers can handle the mods, it's the short term execution they hate, which this doesn't do. You have plenty of room here for stops and tp's. That's all that really matters.

Thanks for answering my question!

winias:
I see nothing sketchy about this, and if it ain't broke...... Their servers can handle the mods, it's the short term execution they hate, which this doesn't do. You have plenty of room here for stops and tp's. That's all that really matters.

Winias, thanks for taking the time to not only answer my question, but to give your reasoning as well!

In part I guess I'm nervous about how active this EA is and that probably is another reflection of my being new at forex and of my negative experience with other robots.

Thanks again and best of trading to you!!

JJ

looks like a draft

It won't work on 5-digits broker.

I can see couple of potential problems right away, but can't test it now, unfortunately.

Will check and confirm tomorrow.

Thanks Rigel!

I look forward to learning from your test results.

Thanks in advance!!

JJ