Asi trendline strategy! - page 4

James the Giant:
What does everyone think of this thread?

Hey, I really like this thread, thanks James, it is clean setup!

In his book New Concepts in Technical Trading Systems, Wilder summarizes the usefulness of ASI, So I take that portion out of the book and into new pdf if anyone is interested, hope you don't mind.

James the Giant:
I will also be happy to help anyone on how to use trend lines to trade

I am interested in learning more of Andrew's pitchfork, so I provide screen shot of how Andrew's pitchfork might be used (in zip file) in this ASI trendline strategy, very interesting and fun!

James the Giant:
hardest part is just finding a good setup

I take time to find set-up while waiting for market to open, I usually will not trade usd/pln pair, but will be interesting to watch this potential setup when the market opens, I also provide screen shot in the zip.

-------------

also I add a trade setup on a couple other pairs 1hr chart, looks very nice with pitchforks

James the Giant:
placing a dozen indicators on your charts

when i first start to learn trading, i use tons of indicators and then one day get confused and frustrated so I take all them off for clean pure price action chart with trendlines, except stochastic oscillator. but more recently, I am a fan of both the clean chart look, as well as a dozen indicator look (especially after discovering ASCtrend here at tsd) but I understand your view on this.

Fractal??

haven't heard of this indicator anyone care to elaborate. and where can I find it?

thanks,

Lisa

trade for today

Lisa22:
where can I find it?

Fractal is under "indicators" in the "navigator" folder in metatrader. Also you can download it from the first page in this thread.

Here is a trade I just take and close out. 30pips

Files:

10x Kinjaheed

can explain to me what is the logic behind this indicator.

The logic behind ASI or fractals?

James the Giant:
The logic behind ASI or fractals?

was talking about Fractals.

Well the logic behind fractals is to see market reversals by showing 3 candles with higher highs and lower lows for instance, followed by 2 lower reaching candles. Fractals are great for drawing trendlines.

Files:

Trade for today

My latest trade!!

Files:
t2.gif  41 kb

Lisa22:
can explain to me what is the logic behind this indicator.

Well, I could try to explain to you the logic, but to save you the confusion it is better to get a proffessional explaination . so here is a great explaination for investopedia: A Trader's Guide To Using Fractals

In this ASI trendline strategy, It is used as a tool to help you draw trendlines on the chart. Hope that helps

--------------------------------

went long on the EUR/GBP, looks to be a good trade.

Thanks for posting this system James The Giant, the ASI is just added confirmation to trendlines, works great! Anyone else catch this trade?

Files:
eur.gbp_long.zip  111 kb

Closed last trade, and no new ones so far. Too bad this thread isnt active with different opinions.

But looking for GU longs and short UJ and holding for a few hrs.